Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

P-33 one axis multi-PAC turret (405 tubes in total)

Just a smaller and more cramped version of the P-32.

It's got 3 identical PACs instead of 5 but they got 135 tubes instead of just 101. I also equipped the turret with minimal heavy armor(I may increase the heavy armorlayering if the thrustercraft 4 of these are going to be mounted on can handle it), shield projector array to set up a 4 layer system later and surge protectors around them.

Given X amount of particle tubes, a P-33 turret array will have less rate of fire than the P-32s but will do more damage per shot. I am going to use this turret in my next attempt at a PAC thrustercraft. I'm at the fourth already but I got a good feeling about this one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   PAC turret 33.blueprint (Size: 168.36 KB / Downloads: 102)
I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23, 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote: I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc

Is it possible to tetris a minimal sized PAC turret for high accuracy and range? (I realize damage is the thing sacrificed.)
I'd like to be able to put a PAC on a flying gunship hovering at range, and sniping without worrying about its targets defenses.
Currently these turrets are a bit big for my ships.

Also, if we were able to tetris one onto a turret with a greater degree of mobility (again, considering the sky platform it's going to be on) that would be grand. Then the field of fire could be reduced on the PAC itself for greater accuracy.

So yeah, in short I'd like to see a Mini-Pac set up if you're interested in it's creation. Something that could fit on a airship of less than 25000 RP.

-Qes

It definetly would be possible. Tough you may want a ball turret for it.

As you most definetly are aware of, PAC accuracy is also highly influenced by the angle of the PAC compared to the target, the closer it is to 0 the better the accuracy will be.

A ball turret, as in a spherical kind of thing, would be ideal for the job. There should be a thread with templates of such thing around the component design section somewhere.

Just pick your size from one of those and I will be able to mount a compact input port pac inside it, or multiple. Just remember that adding more PAC systems will reduce the volume that can be dedicated to actual tubes, so I'd personally go for just one.

Edit: found the thread, pick the one you want Big Grin thank Anger Dyfan for building em!
I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23, 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote: I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc

So far the only success I've had, and it's marginal at best, is an 83 tube liniar 3x3 "tube" of PAC cannon components with a Gunship built around it, given some Lua Gunship AI - this helps it point consistently at the target. However, it is not performing as desired.

I've tried creating ball turrets in the past, but with always minimal success.
I'm curious to see what you can come up with if interested. My mind is fried from this week's attempts.

Attempted Specs:
<50k resources (preferably ~25k)
Compact design [which inherently fights the resource cap i realize]
Single-weapon platform. Optimal range at about 1000m.
Air vehicle: Gunship or Airship (not a fighter)
Can defeat Campaign-Expert Aircraft and surface ships

I imagine something that either snipes at a great distance for a lot of power, or something closer range that plinks continuously until it can debilitate a foe.
My efforts have proven ..less than satisfactory. For about 55k resources I've got something in the sky that gets blown out of it before doing any real damage. And the PAC i've got isnt terrible, but not reliable. My missile vessels still prove far more reliable. This ship is meant to be some kind of sniper or scrapper to augment and debilitate foes so my missile-craft can clean up.