Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[1.95883] Disconnecting parts of vehicles sometimes leave dead blocks to be repaired

When you delete a block that's holding two parts of a vehicle together, the smaller part falls away and is deleted. But sometimes, especially on fortresses, only the block you deleted is deleted. The rest fall away, but leave dead blocks that are then repaired.
Once repaired the dead block notice that they're not connected to anything holding them and get destroyed, only to leave a dead block once more, creating a loop.

(2016-08-31, 09:43 AM)Falco Wrote: When you delete a block that's holding two parts of a vehicle together, the smaller part falls away and is deleted. But sometimes, especially on fortresses, only the block you deleted is deleted. The rest fall away, but leave dead blocks that are then repaired.
Once repaired the dead block notice that they're not connected to anything holding them and get destroyed, only to leave a dead block once more, creating a loop.

Sounds like the same thing I had happen a couple of times. If I remember right, you then have to delete every one of those blocks individually - and they are nearly invisible while in the 'broken' state.
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

It's worse if they are ammo barrels. Or at least this is what I think was happening with the repeated boom! Boom! Boom! On my ship.

Still a thing in 1.95886

To reproduce:
- Load up a large vehicle to support a large weight on it or build a fortress.
- Build a stick
- Put a massive box of ammo crates on top of the stick (20x20x20 should probably do)
- Shoot the ammo so it explodes and slows the game to a crawl
- while ammo explodes still, delete the stick.
- no cake.

expected: The ammo boxes, destroyed and not destroyed realise they're not connected and disconnect/disappear and despawn
actual result: the ammo boxes float in the air, rigidly connected to the vehicle. after a few of them have been rebuilt, they disconnect and leave dead blocks yet again to be repaired.

rebuilding the stick and deleting it again does not fix the issue, even after the game calmed down to it's usual 15fps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

still not fixed by the way.
at least not on the fortress I just cut a slice off off.

Happens randomly even on not so big chunks of not so big vehicles in empty sea, with game smoothly running at 60 fps.
Happened very rarely since forever. But after an update somewhere near that coordinate system change, this and other problems related to huge sudden grid changes (like chunk separated by battle damage never realizes it's separated) became so much more often, that when everything works as intended (or rather if? is it happens at all?) it's surprising.
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.