Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average

Decreasing of damage due to the drag

Atm, yet APS shells get off the trajectory prediction and miss a target due to the drag, they keep all of damage source up to that point.
Both a 100mm sabot shell that has 3km effective range and a 500mm shell that has 20km effective range (lol) give 100% damage within 3km though 100mm always has advantage in terms of DPS.

A shell that is affected by square drag is written as (1)-(3).

[Image: chyNkYQ.png]

L is a constant that is proportional to inverse of drag factor and proportional to the shell length. The muzzle velocity is denoted as V0.
Therefor x and v has a relationship of (4), (5).

[Image: Wr0z67G.png]

It indicates that the velocity of the shell decrease exponentially against the range.
FTD does not have full drag (I'm trying but it's difficult), so it should be (6).

The AP value should decreases in accordance with this formula.
Now large AP shells have higher DPS in longer range and smaller AP shells have higher DPS in shorter range.

[Image: DX9dbQo.png]

How do you think about?

(2016-08-04, 10:48 AM)moonruner Wrote: Atm, yet APS shells get off the trajectory prediction and miss a target due to the drag, they keep all of damage source up to that point.
Both a 100mm sabot shell that has 3km effective range and a 500mm shell that has 20km effective range (lol) give 100% damage within 3km though 100mm always has advantage in terms of DPS.

A shell that is affected by square drag is written as (1)-(3).

[Image: chyNkYQ.png]

L is a constant that is proportional to inverse of drag factor and proportional to the shell length. The muzzle velocity is denoted as V0.
Therefor x and v has a relationship of (4), (5).

[Image: Wr0z67G.png]

It indicates that the velocity of the shell decrease exponentially against the range.
FTD does not have full drag (I'm trying but it's difficult), so it should be (6).

The AP value should decreases in accordance with this formula.
Now large AP shells have higher DPS in longer range and smaller AP shells have higher DPS in shorter range.

[Image: DX9dbQo.png]

How do you think about?

Looks good and makes sense.

Good idea.

That will make non kinetic APS (HEAT, HE and so) more appealing as their damage won't fall with distance

Yup, and large HE already have an advantage when they attack behind shields.

Yus ples

bump
http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=26143

Well made and thought out idea. I like it, my only concern ("weaker" kinetic, more appealing HE) was already voiced and if that is somehow addressed (I'm looking at you, shield rework) then I will happily support this idea.

This would only effect kinetic I'd assume?
[Image: Screenshot_2017-03-12_12.08.10.png]

I'm gonna cuddle you meow :3