Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

Decorative Blocks

It'd be nice to have metal and wooden scaffolding blocks that have no drag on them and say, 3 points of hp.

Deco+ mod by Thunderpanzer adds glorious Big Pollution ™ for coal-rolling pre-dreadnought fans (me)

[Image: 01j3rEr.png]

[Image: 1905_3rd_Pacific_Sqn_e.jpg]

That right there, is like smearing yourself in butter and gliding down the longest water slide in the world while having your face contorted into a forever happy grin.
Never sail out to far on the daft raft.

(2016-07-17, 02:25 PM)Tyrienda Wrote: And real Battleships were driven on steam power, or would someone imagine Yamato with some cargo ship diesel in it?

You'd be pretty surprised. The Yamato class was originally planned to have a hybrid diesel-steam propulsion, though the plan was dropped due to the diesels being unreliable when installed in other ships.

Gas lanterns as an alternative to current lights [Image: Stockholmgas_1953.jpg]
Name plates.

Large balls (No joke)

[Image: 6Vp76mI.png]

[Image: 76561198088023049.png]

I'd like to see hatches similar to tanks or some of the older Russian ships with the rounded turrets, maybe other tanky sort of blocks i guess like heat sinks or exhaust protection you see especially on old tanks. Air intakes for planes either useful or not maybe drop tanks too. Also please just add the 1905 mod into the game it's got so much stuff we could use for DW Wink. Majyst what you've forgotten is some of these blocks already exist as mods or could be made by others so Khaz can do the working features.
[Image: Xx28lJc.gif]

"I'll just lean into the hill until I crest it and can catch my breath on the descent." ~ unknown stranger on a comments section.

Cylindrical wood and metal blocks (and beams) would be an extremely simple addition that would massively improve the appearance of ships with masts.

1m cylindrical wooden blocks are even already in the game in the form of the automatic block appearance functionality 1m wood blocks have (which is almost always disabled because it is works like crap).

In fact it would probably be a massive improvement if that functionality was completely removed and all of the alternative wood block appearances were added as decorations.

(2016-08-20, 10:12 AM)HorseMonster Wrote: Cylindrical wood and metal blocks (and beams) would be an extremely simple addition that would massively improve the appearance of ships with masts.

1m cylindrical wooden blocks are even already in the game in the form of the automatic block appearance functionality 1m wood blocks have (which is almost always disabled because it is works like crap).

In fact it would probably be a massive improvement if that functionality was completely removed and all of the alternative wood block appearances were added as decorations.

After Cataclysm / what you refer to as 1905 rebalance ( Smile ) has these already but as mast blocks. If you want I can make them out of wood and metal as well and it will be ready for the proposed AC v. 10 update tomorrow.

Just send word I'll add it to the work order.

[Image: zdw40Ca.jpg]

Note the Borodino's masts.

Beakhead Rails.
[Image: BeakheadRails-Timbers.JPG]
Small little blocks with a window in them.
[Image: HMS-Surprise-stern.jpg]
Tall ship railings
[Image: 011022757_prevstill.jpeg]
these
[Image: 249816413_edf3bc1210b4.jpg]
Portholes
[Image: 2c64fa5e833427bac60701dc47f361e2.jpeg?v=1427554044]
Whatchamickcallic cannon portholes
[Image: portsmouth-historic-dockyard-uk-02-april...e7y9be.jpg]
[Image: 6Vp76mI.png]

[Image: 76561198088023049.png]

You might get a couple of these tomorrow but obviously not the super complex ones. They were already in the mod team's tasking order before.