Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average

Panzer Vor! Tanks Tournament. (Running EP.7 is out!)

[Image: qY1vv7I.jpg]

Trailer:

EP1.

EP2.
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/BWUPWmQ8w4I[/video]

EP3.

EP4.
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/JUTzhLAmV8c[/video]

EP5.

EP6.

EP7.

Tanks, everyone loves tanks, there are many kinds of tanks, from the little and cute tanks to big and scary tanks, and so i wanted to see various tanks duking it out.

CURRENT TEAM ROSTER:
-jpferrer (Team: Wilder Kreigers)
-Chromoid (Team: Alkali Arbiters)
-Aerolfos (Team: Modern Design)
-Wolfhunter107 (Team: Death by a Thousand Cuts(?))
-Chrozayis (Team: Paper Tanks)
-Sabertoothproton (Team: The Imperial Army)
-Firedune (Team: anmeberry Coalition Task Force)
-Juggernaut470 (Team: Team Hentai)
-daniel013009 (Team:
-A Lemming (Team: The Lemming Empire)
-Neekap (Team: NeeCorp)
-amimai (Team: AMM Imperium Mechanized Forces)
-TheGreenChampion (Team: Hippo)
-CrushedEmber/Klayn_Rogue (Team: Bravo-Echo Squad)
-Skullsploder (Team: The Bullies)
-Afjklol (Team: 130th Panzer Lehr Division)
-Randomness5555 (Team: BWI Tanking Division)
-TheLightLOD (No team name)
-DeltaForce (Team: First Anti-tank Legion)
-superchokokeks (Team: Metal Eating Cookies)
-Monklizard (Team: Sawit Tree Division)
-SirAres (Team: Titanium Fist)
-hamsterCrumbs (Team: Auratus High School)
-AdmiralTitan (Team: Gods of W.A.R.)
-Rainbowlicious (Team: Dandelion)
-T3hJimmer (Team: Weenus Legion)
-zyonix (Team: Team Hamster)
-Cythphn (Team: Sulfur Squad)
-RavingManiac (Team: Steel Legion)
-magma8520 (Team: Pasta)

Now, this will not be your standard tournament as the base number is 5v5.
Each person can submit the maximum of 3 different type of tank blueprint, but one blueprint is also fine.
Each 'team' will field the minimum of 5 tanks, and RP differences would be calculated and added afterward.(i.e TeamA had 500K total RP after spawning 5 tanks, TeamB haz 300k rp for the same reason, then TeamB have the right to field 3 more tanks, assuming TeamA entered wth 100K RP per vehicle and TeamB entered with 60K RP per vehicle)
Battle would be head on face to face, although you can request positioning such as Frontline,Middleline or Rearline.
Note that this will be a rather restrictive tournament based on what you can build and field for your 'team', but I'd love to see what comes out of this. Panzer Vor!

SUBMISSIONS DUE June 6TH (D-DAY)[Rules and Deadline Subject to change] SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED

The tank designs are not limited to WWII or modern, everything will be accepted on the ground that it is a tank and not a hovercraft or a box with box gun.

[Image: b7B7qy8.png]

Tournament Setup
-Maximum altitiude of 50m at all times. Tanks does NOT Fly.
-Sudden death format (no "best out of")
-One to three vehicle per submitter.
-All entries will be spawned facing against one another at roughly 500m apart
-If your vehicle flips over, unless it can flip it self in 10 seconds, it will be disqualified, only applies to the flipped individual tank.
-Resource containers will be filled before each match
-Points will be awarded to the best looking vehicle by popular vote after each competition (how many is undetermined at this time)
-If there's alot of single tank entries, i might combine them into a one team.

Vehicle Rules and Restrictions
-RP limit of 150k (this is VEHICLE limit, not TEAM limit)
-Ions and Wheels(Powered)/(Steering) as propulsions only.
-Engines are allowed
-Limited to maximum dimensions of 20m x 11m x 10m (Length does not includes gun barrel but Height includes turret.)
-Spinblocks are not banned, but exploit will be.
-No Lua
-PID is fair game
-Repair tentacles are banned
-Repair Bots are NOT banned, but please do it within sensible limit
-Shields are banned.
-Balloons are banned.
-Aimpoint selection AI card is banned.
-Subvehicle spawner is banned.
-Sails are banned.

Weapon Restrictions
-Only ACCs and CRAMs.
-ACC limited by 2 pieces.
-CRAM limited by 1 piece.
-Main gun maximum barrels are 2.
-Secondary gun maximum barrels are 6.
-CRAM mounted tanks cannot have secondary gun.
-CRAM mounted tank cannot use Turret.
-Melee weapons are allowed (but not in turrets)

Shell restrictions:
-Graviton rams are banned
-EMP is banned
-Gravitation compensator is banned
-Stabilizer is banned
-Railgun is banned

NOTE: If I think your design is not staying with the spirit of the competition, you may be barred from competing.letz have fun.

Post your submissions and one or two screenshots here.

What to include:
-Team Name
-Your name
-How much the type of tanks you want to spawn with the team (if you have multiple design, i.e 1 TankA, 2 TankB, and 2 TankC)
---
-Vehicle names
-Prefered Position (front/mid/rear)
-Block count
-RP count
---repeat vehicle entry if you have two or three design

The tourney will be uploaded to youtube.
Panzer Vor!

*Wild grin* Is someone trying to summon my inner Russian Tank Loli? i think someone is~~~
[Image: 241cc9303c.png]
Time to get working on a Xenoian Tank Team! URA URA URA URA URA
Centralised Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
3100 Hours Ingame and Counting

(2016-05-28, 08:48 AM)magma8520 Wrote: The tank designs are not limited to WWII or modern, everything will be accepted on the ground that it is a tank and not a hovercraft or a box with box gun.

but what if i want to make a KV-2?
it has its own style, its the original box with a gun
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Russians know how to make a tank Tongue you get the biggest gun you can, mount it on some tracks, and armor the whole thing in box of 100mm rolled steel armor
designed with the workers in mind for maximum head room and ease of construction
in god we trust all others bring data.
Bad Ideas : For !!SCIENCE!!

(2016-05-28, 08:48 AM)magma8520 Wrote: -CRAM mounted tanks cannot have secondary gun.
-CRAM mounted tank cannot use Turret.

(2016-05-28, 11:27 AM)amimai Wrote: but what if i want to make a KV-2?

An ACC KV-2 makes no sense at all, if anything needs a CRAM, it's that. I don't like the idea of CRAMs only being allowed as fixed weapons, small CRAMs can actually be made, and besides, AI for forward mounted weapons isn't exactly good, and hobbling the already weak AI seems like a bad idea.

(2016-05-28, 11:27 AM)amimai Wrote: but what if i want to make a KV-2?
Then make an SU-152. exactly the same chassis, the same gun, better speed, better gun handling, better armor, far more cheaper, just with no turret.

(2016-05-28, 11:54 AM)bs1110101 Wrote: An ACC KV-2 makes no sense at all, if anything needs a CRAM, it's that. I don't like the idea of CRAMs only being allowed as fixed weapons, small CRAMs can actually be made, and besides, AI for forward mounted weapons isn't exactly good, and hobbling the already weak AI seems like a bad idea.

This is already taken into consideration, believe me, but like every other tournament there are, people will try to find loopholes, while i found the idea of small CRAM viable, no doubt people will make a fast, turreted high gauge CRAM tank that run circles will one shotting everything since the diamater of the tanks are only 20x10x10.

As for KV-2, it is balanced by the fact that it have shitty speed, shitty reload, shitty optics plus an equally shitty turret that cannot function if the tank is so much titled a bit.

AI wiggling can be fixed with PID (0.2 | 2.0 |0.2), beside the wiggling might actually help you survive a long range CRAM shot.

Beside, ever heard about short barreled 500mm ACC mounted with HE?

(2016-05-28, 08:48 AM)magma8520 Wrote: -ACC limited by 2 pieces.
-CRAM limited by 1 piece.

Can you clarify what this means? I don't really get it.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
~~Terry Pratchett

2 firing pieces

also quick question, can we build half tracks and the like? or something like a flack 36

Do the dimension limits include the barrel? Ever smaller tanks might have trouble fitting into 20m if the barrel is included.

(2016-05-28, 02:47 PM)RavingManiac Wrote: Do the dimension limits include the barrel? Ever smaller tanks might have trouble fitting into 20m if the barrel is included.

that's why i was planing to build a halftrack style vehicle mounting a heavy double barrel flack gun on the back

(2016-05-28, 12:08 PM)magma8520 Wrote: As for KV-2, it is balanced by the fact that it have shitty speed, shitty reload, shitty optics plus an equally shitty turret that cannot function if the tank is so much titled a bit.
this takes me back to the tiger 2 scene from girls und panzer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Z9j071Zbc

(2016-05-28, 02:47 PM)RavingManiac Wrote: Do the dimension limits include the barrel? Ever smaller tanks might have trouble fitting into 20m if the barrel is included.

No, it does not includes the gun barrel, ill amend the post later, and halftracks are...well i want tomsay allowed, but the differences between halftracks and a tank is one space between the front ose wheel and the rest of the wheels, lol if you mean gun placement, feel free.

As for the 2acc 1 cram, it means if you choose to use acc on your tank, you can only mount 2 of those accs and not 3 or more, if you choose cram cannon, you can only use one cram cannon, no combination.