Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 19 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average

Black Flag Airships (Fleet BP dump)- New! Renegade-Class Super Cruiser!

Stick to your guns man, to what your good at and love. I wish ships I made looked half this good lol
(Is in your ship, stealing your turrets!)

Mods/extra blocks

After Cataclysm (and the separate 'railings' mod as well)
Dynamic Kinetics Simple Re-skin (armored glass)
Wrought Iron Armor
Structural Foam
Aero-alloy
More Corners 0.3

(2018-07-19, 07:20 PM)Greyfell Wrote: Stick to your guns man, to what your good at and love. I wish ships I made looked half this good lol

^^this. I don't like building meta ships really either, and your ships all have a great and consistent aesthetic to them.

In all fairness, the only one that causes real issues with an "out-of-the-box" blueprint is the missing receivers. Its weapons seem to work well enough (after adding vanilla receivers) so whatever those mods do weapon-wise doesn't interfere with ability to function.

Since railings don't have any problematic things happen when they turn to wood blocks anyway, I'd only suggest maybe using vanilla recievers but otherwise doing what they suggest and continue using those rails and the other decor you like.

Shield-wise, its really up to you and/or anyone who wants to use them. If you wanted shields but don't want to sacrifice appearance, you could set them as transparent as possible and ACB them to turn off outside of battle, but there is nothing wrong with leaving them out if you aren't trying to make the most epic ship ever (from a strength perspective anyway. These ships are strong contenders for epic looks).
Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.

Welp, back again with a one off post for now. I realized I talk about super cruisers in the BFA a lot without really having any there besides the Bandit so here's another one to bolster that area. And yes I am running on Potaytoe graphics

*You need the Latest version of AC mod from the Discord if you want these to work, sorry. Working on fleet wide retrofit to go unmodded

Renegade-Class Super Cruiser
[Image: A9CB9E70FAAA0B6483B4A535AD5366259B913362]
[Image: 36C14FC762F3D81D30EAA96C61DD387EE29FBEF3]
[Image: B78A1779B9DAD09F9096CD455DE17DC8C91D5262]
[Image: 9315CC80861795EDA4AD24D6431A00A6B8AE2177]
[Image: 75EBBAECA6A9F9B984F51AC59A03DC7824F97B91]

Overview:

Classification: Super Cruiser

Role: 
- Super Cruiser
- Fleet Fire Support
- Fleet Filler
- Cruiser Killer

Dimensions:
Length: 198m
Width: 45m
Height: 42m
Block Count: 16458
Material Cost: 276519

Powerplant:
- 2 engines producing ~49600 engine power total
Top Speed: ~40m/s
Combat altitude: Altitude bobs around ~100m above sea/terrain level
Fuel Capacity: 392000
Material Storage: 8000
Ammunition Storage: 12200
+ Supplemented by a lot of ammo processors.

Firepower:
- Eight 254mm guns in dual turrets (4x2)
 + Ammunition: HESH with a range of 3696m
- Thirty Four 114mm guns in dual turrets (17x2)
 + Ammunition: HESH with a range of 1800m
- Twelve 114mm guns in single turrets (12x1)
 + Ammunition: HESH with a range of 1800m
- Twenty Nine 4" deck guns (29x1)
 + Ammunition: APCR with a range of ~1600m
- Four triple Aerotorpedo racks (4x3)
 + Firing Radar Guided Frag Missiles

General characteristics:
- Avaste Ye broadsides matey!
- Secondary-Oriented firepower.
- Armour is 3m on the main belt thinning to 2m on the upper and lower belt with the extremities being 1m.
 + Deck armor is as per usual 1m thick apart from the AI core and Dediblade box.
 + It possesses a 2 part spaced-armor scheme from the fore magazine to aft magazine.
- Simple 2 engine design with engines separated by the AIcore and dediblades.
- Proficient maneuverability.

Hali Notes:
Finally got another Super Cruiser out there, I actually have a lot of near completed or started designs for this classification. The problem is is that I haven't been fond of how some of them turned out. The Renegade is more so of a looker than it's contemporary, the Bandit, but it still can stand up on it's own fairly well. Wanted to try out some basic rigging for this one and while it looks janky compared to real rigging it's actually pretty okay looking on this design. It relies more so on it's rather decent vertical protection and maneuverability to keep it self safe from return fire while it whittles down it's target. Preferred combat range is, like with most of my ships, the range at which the Secondary guns can hit their targets (Not exactly in effective range though). Don't expect it to carry you throughout the neter campaign as per usual.... Though it would be interesting to try I guess.

Lore:
The Renegade class was the first real Super Cruiser to get through commission. Where the Bandit was merely a proof of concept, the Renegade takes and refines it a bit more. Most of the proposals before this got shot down due to the lack of protection caused by slapping larger caliber guns and the required magazine space onto what is essentially still a heavy cruiser hull. The designers for the Renegade were obviously a bit cautious of this when design the Renegade cause it's actually very well protected... Comes at the cost of main batter firepower, and as such it's only packing 8 rifles in the usual A,Y over-under format. But to be fair that's pretty much all you need for a Cruiser Killer. Secondary and tertiary amount is the usual BFA quantity and it features an extensive 2-part spaced armor scheme extending pretty much the whole length of the vitals.
It's a pretty dang resilient thing to say the least, enough to get it featured in main fleet duties along with Battleships and Budget-cruisers where it may take the occasionally large caliber ordinance hit every now and then. The inclusion of a powerful array of detection equipment has made it essential to the BFA fire first doctrine, both in and outside of fleet duty. The underslung detection array will find a mobile Anti-airship weapon from beyond visual acquisition range, keeping the information advantage firmly on BFA side. This also means there tends to be a target painted on Renegade-Class super Cruisers. 
Though it's not like the Renegades crews and commanders don't know about this. It's a ego boosting idea to know that you're the bane of ambushes and king of dictating engagements.... Until the battleship shells start raining in, but the crews like to hope those guns get silenced before that chance arises.
~Le Shark
BP: 
.blueprint   Renegade-Class Super Cruiser.blueprint (Size: 848.14 KB / Downloads: 3)
^ *Has a serious problem when it comes to building.... Can never bother to change out of the wood building blocks*
Also loves making things fly..... Even if they really shouldn`t.
Makes the dirtiest, grimiest, Cringeworthy ship related puns ever.
[Image: aq47WXu.png]

Another neat aesthetic build! Might I suggest that you can take pictures of your other bulds in the latest update to get the new aesthetics for them, too. It would also be neat to see all of your up-to-date craft aside each other to show off their differences and your fleet as a whole. You could also do it by class of airship, or assembled into fleets.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-09-08, 08:14 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: Another neat aesthetic build! Might I suggest that you can take pictures of your other bulds in the latest update to get the new aesthetics for them, too. It would also be neat to see all of your up-to-date craft aside each other to show off their differences and your fleet as a whole. You could also do it by class of airship, or assembled into fleets.

Yeah I'm thinking about doing that after I finish modernizing them. 
That's also a cool idea, I'll see what I can do about that. It'll probably be based by class/size and show the line up I have currently along with maybe some old ones if I can get them to work. This'll probably prelude the new updated BP posts.
^ *Has a serious problem when it comes to building.... Can never bother to change out of the wood building blocks*
Also loves making things fly..... Even if they really shouldn`t.
Makes the dirtiest, grimiest, Cringeworthy ship related puns ever.
[Image: aq47WXu.png]