Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-07-21, 09:13 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote:
(2016-07-21, 09:00 AM)StahlSentinel Wrote: If I recall correctly, FTD was originally going to include creatures (Krakens and the like) and the Grey Talons' lore references them. Not sure whether they'll ever be seen in the game, but it would certainly be interesting.

I thought so, we might see them eventually. Actually someone might mod them in lol.

According to the thread in the general discussion subforum about them, some of them were nightmare fuel. Big Grin

(2016-07-21, 09:13 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: I generally go for cruiser style guns, rapid firing while having a substantial kick to them still. Actually I generally go for cruiser style ships as well now that I think about it haha, their good at taking out ships AND aircraft (albeit a dedicated anti-air ship is something I most certainly need to design still). Yea Squash heads are terrible, I'm starting to think maybe a composite cap with pen-depth isn't a bad idea or a AP cap with a mix of HE and Frags. I'm still wanting to use APS since I'm on the edge about CRAM's (I like the fact they can do amazing amounts of damage, but I like having the superb accuracy that APS gives).

Frags are worth a look at, they're insanely good at the moment... maybe a little too good. Hollowpoint-headed rounds can tear holes in ships, the 500mm solid-HE ones on the ship Meth3ik0n posted above are really very nice (so I may use them for submarines).
Myself, the main factor keeping me away from APS is the absurd magazine detonations - which ejectors mitigate slightly - but also the cost, since they cost a lot more than CRAMs.
Of course, direct feed APS does exist... it's just kinda sub-par next to CRAM or magazine-fed APS in most cases.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-07-22, 12:18 AM