Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-07-21, 09:00 AM)StahlSentinel Wrote: If I recall correctly, FTD was originally going to include creatures (Krakens and the like) and the Grey Talons' lore references them. Not sure whether they'll ever be seen in the game, but it would certainly be interesting.

I thought so, we might see them eventually. Actually someone might mod them in lol.

(2016-07-21, 09:00 AM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Personally I've always preferred to have my large guns as slow-firing battleship guns supplemented by smaller quick-firing guns. Squash head does seem incredibly underwhelming and pure HE can't get any decent AP, so I generally don't use APS for main guns, since they don't do well at tearing ships apart brutally.

I generally go for cruiser style guns, rapid firing while having a substantial kick to them still. Actually I generally go for cruiser style ships as well now that I think about it haha, their good at taking out ships AND aircraft (albeit a dedicated anti-air ship is something I most certainly need to design still). Yea Squash heads are terrible, I'm starting to think maybe a composite cap with pen-depth isn't a bad idea or a AP cap with a mix of HE and Frags. I'm still wanting to use APS since I'm on the edge about CRAM's (I like the fact they can do amazing amounts of damage, but I like having the superb accuracy that APS gives).

(2016-07-21, 09:00 AM)StahlSentinel Wrote: This thread should have some interesting shell designs, though they may be outdated due to the APS rebalance.

Well at the very least it'll give me ideas on what to make, and at best I'll have a few designs I can use!
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by Gaurdian23 - 2016-07-21, 09:13 PM