Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-06-28, 09:41 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: I should have explained better XD. What I mean by prototype is the first of her class. What I came up with so far was that she was given a novice Captain who may or may not be the son of an Admiral. During her Maiden voyage the Captain took the opportunity to attack an invading Reefback Wreckers force, all the while not heeding the navigators warning and ended up shredding the keel on the sandbars. As such they abandoned it and the Reefback Wreckers took it. In an attempt to reclaim his honor (since after this he and his son was the laughing stock of the navy) he had the engineer who built it up armor the next version and add more weapons and took the next one as his flagship and began hunting the stolen 'prototype'.

The lore sounds about right.

(2016-06-28, 09:41 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Ironically what I drew up actually has paddle wheels lol, I was gonna remove it but I'll leave it for the Reefback wreckers version. Now that you say it actually I'm not gonna build any ships for them then, I think the heavy armor would be perfect. As for steam engines I wouldn't hold your breath too long. Nick has admitted that they won't be out for a while due to how much code it will take.

Sorry about all the confusion surrounding my plans for the Embers, I really haven't thought out the late-game factions as well as the earlier ones. Heavy armour, even if its weight doesn't get reduced, is going to be something to design around, and to be perfectly frank I'm debating whether to allow Ember designs to use shields - I'll just have to see what happens in future updates. On the subject of steam engines, yes, I'm aware they're gonna be a long time in the works, but the alternative for getting massive clouds of smoke from the ship's funnels is a refinery which explodes if the ship tips over too much.

(2016-06-28, 09:41 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: K, I'll design some ironclads for Corensia then in the meantime as well.

Okay, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-06-29, 08:12 AM