Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-06-25, 02:39 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Sorry for not being on the forums for a bit, I've been a little busy recently. I've begun work on the replacement Airship but it's gonna take a while for me to get it done (I'm still having a bit of problems when designing things that are larger, fighters seem to be quite easy for some reason). I've actually been able to draw out what I think the Cruiser for the Reefback Wreckers will look like, however I'd like your permission to make a series of ships for it. Not for the Reefback's, but for the Forged Embers. I've been thinking in the back of my head about how their designs are suppose to be from this era so I was thinking of making a lore (if it's alright with you) that essentially says what the Reefback Wreckers has is a stolen prototype that the Forged Embers is furious about.

The lore for the Flying Corensian is that it was originally a rather old Corensian Monarchy ship (made of wood and hence outdated) that was stolen from a museum and put in the skies due to its name.

Just so you know what the various versions look like:
[Image: FpltKf1.jpg]
This is the old, ugly version which is basically a modified Volley.

[Image: tWI8ihf.jpg]
This is the version I'm building which may or may not get finished at some point. The damage is fake.

The ironclad for the Wreckers is probably going to be less of a prototype and more "something that got stuck on a sandbank and stolen" (though the Forged Embers are still miffed). Like the Flying Corensian, it's one of the older ships, so can use paddle-wheels. Unfortunately, I haven't really figured out what gimmick I want the Embers to represent - although the heavy armour added in the latest devtest does give me some ideas - and I'm waiting for steam engines to be added before I start on them because reasons.

The Embers and the Monarchy have a trade agreement, however, so old Ember ironclads could be added to the Monarchy's fleet and Duke Jorgenson has an interest in building Corensia some ironclads since paddle-galleons have some pretty glaring weaknesses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-06-25, 08:47 AM