Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Gaurdian, I've had a look at the four designs you sent.

In the order I looked at them:
Matchstick
Looks the part for a Wrecker design. I've done some tweaking, and it should be integrated once I've got a name for it (since it doesn't look too much like a matchstick any more). It is pretty interesting, and with the possibility of armour buffs this could well be the Wreckers' Coffin Nail. Its secondaries are surprisingly effective against sea-level targets, even though I set them up for anti-air.

K, I look forward to fighting it (I've only tested this design against some of my Late game AA ships, not the early ones Tongue). Yea, they where originally made to rain down on the enemy from afar, however considering the fact that at close ranges they become useless against the enemy it's probably a good idea to make them AA.

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: SeaHawk
This one tends to end up in the water when it attempts a roll turn. Not sure quite why. Also, the missiles could use ejectors for safety.

Again? I thought I fixed that, oh well I'll see what's causing it (probably a setting in the Aerial AI again). Yea, I tested that a few minutes after I posted it and it was....close so I'm gonna attempt to put 2 ejectors on each to see if that'll help (since I have a feeling that if she pulls up and fires, that those missiles are suddenly gonna *remove* the pilot from the cabin).

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: UAV
With a dediblade system fairly visible and missile armaments, this one could fit well with the OWC. The front is a bit too flat, and it could probably lose some armour (replace with alloy) since it'll be relying on shields as an OWC design.

K, I'm gonna make the front more aerodynamic in a bit (I didn't want to at the time since she was actually made in a little under an hour in an attempt to get some ideas lol). Alright, I can do that. Her engines should be able to support some shields.

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Lightning Thrusterfoil
A pretty solid big brother for the Jetsam (which now has disruptor shells for support usage), I'll be integrating this once I've added some Wrecker aesthetic features (like a figurehead or something).

Alright. It was funny I actually meant to make this for my campaign as a big brother for it that was gonna be a lot stronger BUT when I looked at the cost I nearly fainted (It costs about 4/5 my starting destroyer, which stands up to pilferers and the like....this one cannot lol).

(2016-06-21, 07:29 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Reefback Wreckers almost full

I've got almost all the designs I wanted to add to the Wreckers (and more!), so I'm going to be a tad more picky about what they get.

As it stands, I'm looking to get hold of designs for the following:
  • Some small-ish flyers. Wreckers need some (mediocre and made of junk) fighters.
  • A replacement for the Flying Corensian, which is currently a modification of the Volley. This should be a wooden sailing ship hoisted into the air by big ugly dediblade systems.
  • An old-fashioned ironclad. This can use direct-feed APS, CRAMs, or something else entirely, but should be slow, unshielded, and slightly resemble a barn roof. If you need inspiration, look up the USS Essex or IJN Kotetsu.
  • Resource bases, HQ, etc.
  • Some sort of submarine similar to the Dark Hammer (i.e. less like a submarine and more like a buoyancy-challenged patrol boat).

Smallish fighters I can do
Yea, working on the replacement (however it's gonna be a bit before it's done)
So a pike hull vessel or like one of these Ironclads
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by Gaurdian23 - 2016-06-21, 08:16 PM