Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-06-04, 08:38 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: K, I'll get to work on it. It's gonna be interesting to see how it turns out since the components of one ship is gonna be spread among two ships that are welded together lol.

Best thing about twin-hulled ships is that you can build each hull like a standalone ship and double the resilience of the ship to being disabled (AI sniping, EMP, ammo hits, etc)

(2016-06-04, 08:38 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Ok, I'll begin testing them to see if I can incorporate the shotgun design in the dual hull ship (maybe as an anit-air or anti-missile system?)

I'll be honest, shotgun designs are probably gonna fare better against air targets than missiles, considering that missiles more often than not come in a continuous stream.

(2016-06-04, 08:38 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: K, I've begun work on it but it's gonna be a while since currently it looks like a bunch of squares and rectangles pieced together by an insane engineer (and to be fair it kinda is lol) and that's without the weapon systems. Eh, don't worry about it. As it stands I'm still trying to get a rough idea of what size a Destroyer is in my opinion lol.

I suspect that your classification of ships will be at least partially dependent on the maximum size your computer can handle Tongue

(2016-06-04, 08:38 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Yes they truly are. I'll do a 'spoiler' on it once I've finished the final details and find out what [CLASSIFIED] is capable of.

I believe the correct term for this is an "intelligence leak" Cool
Joking aside, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I won't be as active as usual, so I can't actively evaluate designs as I'd like to (and can't continue building up the Corensian Monarchy), but I can probably find the time to keep up to date.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-06-04, 09:33 PM