Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-06-03, 10:19 AM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Yes, apparently they work inside the hull. Not sure why, but I'm not gonna question it because they're insanely vulnerable otherwise.

Yes, as it stands right now having any APS system other than a tiny deck-mounted gun is basically a serious design flaw.

I don't think more spawners are necessary - twelve subspawns should be perfectly reasonable - so messing around with the aesthetics a little may be the way to go.

Well, if this is your first attempt you certainly made a solid start on carrier-building. Smile

With the APS rebalance, miniguns are much less viable than they used to be - recoil dampeners have become a whole lot more important. Just as well really - the Flayers just got a tad less bothersome.
That said, the Reefback Wreckers probably don't need an anti-air balloon since hopefully they'll have a fighter/attack heli/something, but I guess I'll refrain from jumping to conclusions and see how it turns out.

For Wrecker surface combat vehicles, I think I have enough fanboat designs, and the twin hulls welded together sounds very much like something that will fit in the faction.

It's really quite simple - you just need a multi-barreled ACC with the same number of loaders as barrels (or more) and the fire rate set as high as the slider goes. The Twin Guard's Rend drone has a (very small) example.

By medium combat thrusterfoil, I do mean somewhere inbetween the Agar and the Matercula. I understand that this was an insanely vague description of the class, especially given that everyone seems to have a different size which constitutes a destroyer, cruiser, etc... just wish I'd noticed when I was writing it down.

Ah, a [CLASSIFIED]. I have [REDACTED] what it could be. Tongue
Secret research projects are the best.

True, just wish I knew sooner lol.

Definitely

Ok, I'll work on it when I get the chance (Saturday's and Sunday's are pretty much impossible for me to get anything done)

lol, thanks Smile

Good, they need to be nerfed a little. K, I'll put a little more focus on the other two but I'll still make the other just to see how it works out.

K, I'll get to work on it. It's gonna be interesting to see how it turns out since the components of one ship is gonna be spread among two ships that are welded together lol.

Ok, I'll begin testing them to see if I can incorporate the shotgun design in the dual hull ship (maybe as an anit-air or anti-missile system?)

K, I've begun work on it but it's gonna be a while since currently it looks like a bunch of squares and rectangles pieced together by an insane engineer (and to be fair it kinda is lol) and that's without the weapon systems. Eh, don't worry about it. As it stands I'm still trying to get a rough idea of what size a Destroyer is in my opinion lol.

Yes they truly are. I'll do a 'spoiler' on it once I've finished the final details and find out what [CLASSIFIED] is capable of.
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by Gaurdian23 - 2016-06-04, 08:38 PM