Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote:
(2016-06-02, 04:36 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Rambling snipped

Yea that was my other solution. However there's something that I have in the works that *might* work (I've yet to test it since I actually haven't been on FtD for a bit)

Missile warners work inside the hull? I thought they said they need a direct line of sight?

Yes, apparently they work inside the hull. Not sure why, but I'm not gonna question it because they're insanely vulnerable otherwise.

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: They better, either that or beef APS up significantly so it's justified (I'm getting annoyed with the White Flayers capacity to destroy my ship because someone left a nuke inside the dang ammo storage, I can withstand them shredding but that is just game breaking IMO).

Yes, as it stands right now having any APS system other than a tiny deck-mounted gun is basically a serious design flaw.

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Ok, I honestly threw them on in an attempt to make it look more interesting there Tongue. I'll remove them and either throw some more spawners or something.

I don't think more spawners are necessary - twelve subspawns should be perfectly reasonable - so messing around with the aesthetics a little may be the way to go.

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Thank you, considering this is the first fully functional carrier I have made (since the Transcend technically wasn't finished, I just began remaking her when you mentioned carriers Big Grin) that is great to hear haha.

Well, if this is your first attempt you certainly made a solid start on carrier-building. Smile

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Alright, no problem. Just a heads up once I get back on FtD I'll have a Reefback Wrecker Balloon series for you (and I call it series since my plan is to have three versions: CRAM, Mine Deployer (MD), and a version that potentially has a Gatling cannon (GC) (no worries, it'll be 60mm max firing Hollow point or Composite OR Flak if I turn it into an anti-air balloon)) as well as potentially some surface combat vehicles (something like a fan boat, or something to do with twin hulls that were welded together).

With the APS rebalance, miniguns are much less viable than they used to be - recoil dampeners have become a whole lot more important. Just as well really - the Flayers just got a tad less bothersome.
That said, the Reefback Wreckers probably don't need an anti-air balloon since hopefully they'll have a fighter/attack heli/something, but I guess I'll refrain from jumping to conclusions and see how it turns out.

For Wrecker surface combat vehicles, I think I have enough fanboat designs, and the twin hulls welded together sounds very much like something that will fit in the faction.

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Ooo, I like the sound of a shotgun cannon lol. May I have it?

It's really quite simple - you just need a multi-barreled ACC with the same number of loaders as barrels (or more) and the fire rate set as high as the slider goes. The Twin Guard's Rend drone has a (very small) example.

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Side note: For the OWC I have an idea that I want to run by you before I make it (since it'll be kinda time consuming). What size exactly do you mean by medium combat thrusterfoils? Agar sized, Matercula, or somewhere in between? The reason I ask this is because the Matercula was originally designated a Destroyer (hence the reason the missile room is soo big, there was suppose to be 90mm dual cannons there and the missiles moved to the back behind the Command tower AND why she has thicker armor) and with a little bit of retrofitting she could potentially fill that role again as a different ship (of course I would then remake the way she looks so it doesn't look like a complete copy and paste) OR I can just make one from scratch. Doesn't matter too much to me Smile.

By medium combat thrusterfoil, I do mean somewhere inbetween the Agar and the Matercula. I understand that this was an insanely vague description of the class, especially given that everyone seems to have a different size which constitutes a destroyer, cruiser, etc... just wish I'd noticed when I was writing it down.

(2016-06-03, 04:14 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: EDIT: The Venom Lance is gonna be getting a [CLASSIFIED]. I'm not going to go into specifics but [REDACTED] TNY-TIM or NM-01.

Ah, a [CLASSIFIED]. I have [REDACTED] what it could be. Tongue
Secret research projects are the best.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-06-03, 10:19 AM