Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-05-31, 09:52 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Ok, I've updated the Matercula. Not only are the missiles connected wirelessly now, but her complement of aircraft has increased from 6 to now 12.

Furthermore, I was going through my blueprints and I found two vehicles that might peak your interest:

[Image: kBLUxlg.jpg]

To the left is my modern Patrol boat, the Coepi class Mk II (since Mk I is based around Anti-air, which if you want I can give you the blueprint for that as well) and to the right is my first vehicle I ever created, the Allegiance class Light Frigate. They both are fully combat capable and are meant to take on the DWG, however the Allegiance has gone much farther. She has met the White Flayers and performed amazingly considering she was suppose to be scrapped for parts after the DWG. Also only the Coepi will be linked here since the Allegiance is currently being modernized (since at the time I only had basic understanding of missiles and cannons a like). A fair warning though, these little bastards (don't get me wrong, I love this little things just they piss me off when they do it) like to hump anything in sight (think I'm kidding? One rammed and then proceeded to flip my capital ship over in the middle of a battle with the White Flayers.) The Coepi on the other hand has only destroyed the DWG and hasn't seen any combat against the White Flayers, yet. However it too use to hump anything in sight, I think I finally fixed that though....

Okay, I've had a look at the Matercula MKII and noticed the following things:
  • Laser designators are still blocked by the radar dish at some angles, leading to brief "blindspot" issues. Replacing the missile warner nodes with designators will help with missile targeting all-round.
  • The missile warners will work just as well inside the hull and be much less vulnerable.
  • Two layers of metal is one too many for the OWC, since I'll be slapping shields onto it. The ammo storage can keep what it has, and maybe the turret if the rebalance doesn't do something about APS clips being essentially overpriced nukes.
  • Might actually be a bit too fast - especially considering that I intend to add smoke systems. Removing the side-mounted main jets should slow it down enough that it won't outrun its own smoke.
  • Missiles could use ejectors - replacing the repair bots next to the launch pads with these will reduce the chances of missiles colliding with the radar dish (and also stop them slithering all over the launch deck).
  • Overkill amounts of repair bots. Combined with the armour, this is causing the carrier to be a little too tanky, whereas ideally it should be letting its subspawns draw enemy fire. Repair cheese isn't really the OWC's focus.
  • As this is a carrier not a factory ship, the vehicle spawners can be removed.
All this aside, it's a very nice-looking carrier and it's very stable. It just needs a little more tweaking before it can be integrated.

Moving on to the Coepi and Allegiance, I'm not overly taken by them. I'm sorry, but I can't really see anywhere in the campaign they could really fit.

On a more positive note, the Tick has been integrated as the Jetsam (to go with the Flotsam) with an improved shotgun cannon and a coating of rust.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-06-02, 04:36 PM