Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-05-31, 01:42 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Gaurdian - I've had a look at the Tick, Matercula and Rapier and have the following to say about them:

Tick
  • Overall a pretty good design
  • Cannon is less effective than I'd like - I'll sort this out after the APS rebalance.
  • Other than that, it'll be integrated soon, probably renamed the Jetsam to go with the Flotsam.

Matercula
  • Laser designators keep getting blocked by the radar system. You might want to move them elsewhere.
  • For whatever reason the stabilisation system is set to make the pitch stay at 8 degrees instead of 0. It looks odd this way, to be frank.
  • Laser designators are connected to the missile battery by a string of connectors. It would probably be more sensible to set them to guide the vehicle's missiles and attach them to separate missile controllers, to reduce the chance of them being disabled.
  • The resource gatherers and oil drills, though a sensible design choice for a carrier with heavy repair capabilities, are less so for a high-speed hydrofoil, which will hardly have time to make use of them as it passes through a resource zone. Probably best to remove them, all things considered.
  • While the teleport pads are a nice addition, their placement on the ceiling leads to any attempt to use them causing Rambot to phase outside through the blocks, so they should probably be moved to the floor. I like that the engine room is walkable though.

Rapier
  • Some part of the engine overheats moments after it takes off. It may be worth redesigning the engine a bit.
  • Fits the Venom Lance better than the Old World Coalition, so I'll be considering it for that faction instead.
  • Missile array has some rather vulnerable parts that could use a little more armour.
  • Maneuvering jets could probably be recessed inside the main hull for reduced drag.
I'll make the tweaks to this one myself, it's only minor things anyway.

Hypersycos - The scrapper replacement you submitted has finally been integrated as the Flotsam. Sorry it took me this long.
Tick:

K, I've been kinda waiting for that update myself lol. I'll be messing with it in the time being so once the update comes out I might have a new version of it with a better cannon (since testing showed most rounds to be ineffective, although I haven't tested HESH and the like yet).
K, good to hear.

Matercula (fun fact: Matercula is Latin for Mother, you'll find that a bunch of my designs are named either in Latin or similarly (example: Aegis):

Yea I was thinking of moving them to the sides of the command tower since for some reason the laser designator that's attached to another missile controller but set to control the vehicles missiles don't seem to work for me (the first time I thought it did but I suspect now that that was just the one turn kicking in). Nevermind, I just figured out the problem lol.

Sorry, that was me messing around with it lol.

^

K, I'll remove them.

Yea, I was afraid of that. Unfortunately I forgot to test that lol.

Rapier:

Yea ignore that, it's an IreLAN engine so there's no way I'm touching that lol. Furthermore even though one of the cylinders overheats, it seems to have no effect on the combat ability of the Rapier. I've had it in a 20 minute battle and it performed perfectly fine so I figure whatever.

K, I'm cool with that.

Yea, I didn't want to mess too much with armoring it since I wanted it to still be fast (since it's a fighter/interceptor). However I'll mess around with it to see what I can do about that.

Sorry about that, you saying that got me beyond confused. Apparently I have two versions of the Rapier. One in my blueprints, and one in blueprints that other people have made (I'm beyond OCD when it comes to my computer and files....)

K, I'll still mess with it on my end since I might be able to fit a few extra things in there (welcome to Altesian Engineering, you say it's full and then we add in an entire city's worth of stuff. DISCLAIMER: Not too comfortable, but hey, who need's those luxuries anyways Smile lol)
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by Gaurdian23 - 2016-05-31, 08:10 PM