Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-05-27, 07:58 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: >: ) Well then I'll be designing those for the Venom Lance and the Collective soon, (after all I have been disappointed by my new "Capital Killer" (who knew it was so hard to design these things.....)). I'll be posting the DL soon, but here's a fair warning and a pic (it's a slightly older one, but it gets the basic point across. Also I will be putting a Disco Beam of Death a little later Tongue and the ramming ability (currently, I'm taking a short reprieve from FTD (You have no idea how pissed off I got when it could barely take on a plunderer, though this last version I made can take one on handily))) :

She's very underwhelming. I was hoping that she could at least go toe to toe with the Treachery, but it appears she has a few faults.
#1. Her shields, while effective, drain almost all of her engine power. So anything else that requires power, has to run off her battery bank (which is fortunately recharged by something like 20 RTG's).
#2. She keeps fricken flipping over and showing her belly to everything!!!!! (Note: this latest version has made it hard to do so but it still can do it)
#3. She's cheap to manufacture meaning if you have more than enough metal (one costs something like 250,000 metal), you can make quite a few and in packs of 3 they can be devastating, however this low cost has the ultimate price of 1 thick armor almost everywhere.

#1 - what strength are the shields at? you can probably dial them down a little.
#2 - I'll take a look at it, a ramming craft won't be reversing so an active keel could work well.
#3 - Don't worry about resource cost. AI factions have pockets deeper than the Marianas Trench.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-05-27, 08:07 PM