Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-05-23, 07:21 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: I've never heard of Monitors until now, and I have got to say.......I want one lol. As for the armored cruiser, yea I know for a fact I'm gonna love designing them! Alright, well maybe after making a few (which right now, even though I don't want it to be, is at the bottom of my list temporarily) the finer details of the design style will be found. Hopefully, that'll be fun on it's own lol (the fire).

If you want information on Monitor-style ships, they're basically armoured ships with little more than deck and turrets above the waterline. The archetypal example would be the USS Monitor. I'm waiting for steam engines to make it into the game before starting work on the Embers (partially because of the coolness of steam, partially because steam will hopefully provide more power than injector engines at higher efficiency).

(2016-05-23, 07:21 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: K, I'll go ahead and begin designing today (hopefully). As for little under water, I think I can do that.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Bear in mind I've updated the Debris since the blueprint I gave you, it now has a torpedo rack replacing the forward AA turret.

(2016-05-23, 07:21 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Thank you for the BP (especially the debris, I'm gonna look forward to making one in my campaign).

Considering it was originally built for use in campaign against the DWG and possibly the OW, before I nerfed it, it should work pretty well in campaign.

(2016-05-23, 07:21 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: I'll see what I can do for an airship (I've only made one and it ended up being scrapped in favor of something more.....effective).

For the Flying Corensian, you don't need to worry about aerodynamics, speed or looking like an airship. It just needs to be a wooden sailing ship that was crudely made to fly by someone with too much time on their hands. (Remember to shield it, by the way. It's going to need that defense to survive.) Use a naval AI set up for broadsiding.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-05-23, 10:09 PM