Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-05-22, 12:49 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Those look nice lol, good to hear that it'll be in the campaign. Also I noticed the lore you have up there and I must say: I'm going to absolutely love designing for The Forged Embers, I have a crush on dreadnought style ships haha. Also I'm gonna give my best to design something for the Reefback Wreckers (I will also be working on the armed scout balloon then as well, I promise that they won't be too powerful Tongue), they're style actually currently describes what I build for the initial battles against the DWG (relatively cheap, not too aesthetically appeasing and all around surprisingly tough) (fair warning, anything I make will look something like the Debris, may I have that BP btw? Not only do I want to upgrade it (Advanced Cannons firing nothing bigger than 179mm rounds and maybe primitive missiles or torps (since they want to capture the ship) with a kick of harpoons?) but I also really like that design lol, I think it's actually my favorite that I've seen so far).

The Forged Embers will be using primarily heavily armoured ironclads/monitors with minimal stuff above the water and pre-dreadnought style armoured cruisers. I haven't really figured out the fine detail of their designs - hopefully when we get fire it'll be effective enough against armour to justify putting it on Ember ships.

For the Reefback Wreckers, shape-wise anything goes, as long as it loses to the Corensian Monarchy ship of similar size and has very little below the water (hence the fanboats). Shields at max strength 2, and only in critical locations, only explosive for crams, dunno about advanced cannons as long as they don't pulverise everything. There's two corporations manufacturing for the Wreckers - Jury Rig Salvage and Lee Quay Shipyards. Jury Rig ships should really look like they've been thrown together from wreckage with wildly varying quality (Sooner or later I'll make a Patchwork-like ship for them), but Lee Quay has higher standards. The more beat-up a Wrecker design looks, the better, but don't sacrifice functionality too much.
The Wreckers have access to reasonably useful IR missiles, not just primitive ones - the Old World Coalition has lost several ships in Wrecker territory. (That said, the Raincloud MK1 thrusterfoil is now a Wrecker craft) Hopefully the AI will be able to arc or lead missiles to hit moving targets sometime in the future, so primitive missiles/torps can actually be useful.

BP for Debris is attached, as well as the Skimmer MK2, which has severely lacking torpedoes which will probably be useful as a secondary weapon system. That said though, the Wreckers could definitely use more small designs, patrol boats and the like.

On a side note, I'm looking to replace the Flying Dutchman (will probably be renamed the Flying Corensian).
Basically a wooden sailing ship with strength 2 to 4 reflect shields covering most of it and the sails replaced with a big, ugly dediblade system. Should have a weak cram broadside and a weak frontal cram turret with low velocity.

Edit: The Wreckers could probably use a couple of retrofitted cargo ships as well.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Debris.blueprint (Size: 110.22 KB / Downloads: 18)
.blueprint   Skimmer MK2.blueprint (Size: 55.9 KB / Downloads: 20)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-05-22, 09:15 AM