Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

Ok, I have a few things about your Benevolence.

1. First of all, a problem I noticed was that the balloon deployers weren't enough to get her airborne. So I added two thrusters on all the designs to allow her to take off.
  2. Second off, I couldn't come up with just one iteration lol. Mk II is one where the missiles are one longer and is using the Infrared Seeker because single pixels give up way too early, just one of these was able to take on two drake lights.
  3. Mk III I have increased the missiles again, however this extra space allowed me to put in my Sea Sparrow AASRM. Just one of these took out two full blown Drakes (get this) in under 15 seconds. No, I'm not kidding!
  4. Also a final note, your Benevolence is an incredibly tough design lol, in my testing I pitted the Mk II against the regular Drake, and it took out half her left wing, and she still was flying (I'll be it, in circles) all the while casually firing away haha.

I do have a version of both of these that have the single pixel IR if you want it but I honestly wouldn't use them. They give up on tracking targets WAY too easily.

Finally a picture from my initial testing using your original design that I thought was simultaneously interesting and proof of how good LAM's can be, so brace for the fireworks lol:

[Image: uFWmM8g.jpg]

This is my Test fortress that spawns in the Designer, I forgot to take it out of play when I first did this so all three shrikes took the fortress on. They did innumerable passes and not a single one of those bombs made it through. If you want I can give you the blueprint for the Fortress (don't plan on using her in the campaign, while she COULD I honestly would be worried since one good shot can blow her to bits).

Attached Files
.blueprint   Benevolence Mk II.blueprint (Size: 40.81 KB / Downloads: 13)
.blueprint   Benevolence Mk III.blueprint (Size: 40.99 KB / Downloads: 16)
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by Gaurdian23 - 2016-05-21, 05:36 AM