Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-05-17, 07:11 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 11:41 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Just a warning about the Corsair, somewhere along the lines her weapon systems stopped working. I've made an imperfect fix for the missiles but the torps as of currently are dead. I've actually made a post asking about it so hopefully they should be fixed soon (and she'll be steaming along again, happily engaging targets from a distance). Sweet, can't wait to see her in the fleet!

If you manage to fix this, let me know. I'll probably have a look-see at the torps myself in a little, see what the issue is.

(2016-05-16, 11:41 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Alright, sounds easy enough (saying this though I have a weird tick about shields, don't know why I won't use them but I don't Undecided ). Haha, you asked for it then. Since missiles are my specialty I know how to counter them, fairly well Smile)

Yeah, you're not alone in disliking shields, they're perhaps a little too effective in their current state.

(2016-05-16, 11:41 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Yea, I've begun remaking her and so far her pontoons have been traded out for level wings (of course keeping my Shadow SRBM's) and I'm debating on either replacing her main gun with either A: a 50-90mm Gatling gun firing Squash Head rounds, or B: MOAR MISSILES!!!

I assume you're talking about the Transcend here? Quite frankly, unless its advanced cannons turn out to be god-tier sabot factories to put the White Flayers to shame, I'm fine with it as it is. The Reefback Wreckers are hardly endgame material by any stretch of the imagination (they lose to the Corensian Monarchy quite badly), and shouldn't be overly reliant on hydrofoils. I'll probably apply a couple of tweaks to make it look more Wrecker-y before integration (and change the subspawns to something else), but like the Corsair, it's pretty much accepted at this point.

In the likely event that you're actually talking about your Secret Doomsday Project, "MOAR MISSILES! MOOOAAAR!!" is undoubtedly the OWC answer for armaments. (If stuck on naming conventions, the OWC will be using either blade-based names, surgical names or combinations of both)

I was actually talking about the Airpython, but I'll more that gladly add MOAR missiles to the [REDACTED, INVALID CLEARANCE]. After all, she is meant to cleanse.....

No need to remind me about the White Flayers and their OPness, I still have PTSD over what they did to my beloved Armada Sad. Saying that though, this Secret Project WILL be my revenge against the White Flayers and their Treachery. As well as be the OWC's new Capital ship killing toy >: ) (I need a devious face DANG IT).
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by Gaurdian23 - 2016-05-17, 09:16 PM