Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-05-14, 02:38 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Alright, I'll begin work replacing the repair bots and single blocks. That's odd that the rudder isn't working, on my end it says it's fine but that's my end, so I'll go ahead and keep it (so that way it won't flip out about having no turning) and just add turning thrusters (as well as remove the turning props).
Alright, I didn't know that lol. (The Tracking systems) I might replace them with missile warners, but I'm just curious when they'll implement that (since it seems like it'll help significantly).

Ironically it's actually one of my lesser designs when it comes to LAMS lol, I have one where only a huge missile spam will get through (I swear I'm only slightly paranoid about missiles Wink )
I came to the same conclusion too, I actually sent it and my fleet to take out the DWG Home base and well.... the only thing it did was crash into my capital ship and send it to Davy Jones Locker (since I have the ACB's telling it to go forward constantly, which I'm changing for darn sure) meanwhile the other two kept doing circles and repairing to an extensive degree. Which actually brings me to a problem with the missiles I noticed, apparently I forgot to change their default settings so unless the enemy ship is directly in front of it, it won't fire. Don't know if you exactly want that since those missiles (which I've nicknamed Shadow SRBM's) have a range of (I think, can't remember exactly since it's either the Shadow SRBM's or the Seagull SRBM's) 5-6km. I'm also contemplating putting on an anti-air weapons (since it's gonna be a support role), which I'm not 100% sure of what it'll be.
I'll post a teaser once I have the basic's of it done Smile .

Considering that I'm terribad at making long-range missiles, the current ones will do nicely, although if you could ditch any and all EMP warheads that would be nice. On the subject of firing restrictions, probably best to have them fire whenever they can turn to hit the target.
With regards to anti-air, a single small missile array or advanced cannon system will do fine. With the spawner fitted it'll be pumping out aerial drones with some anti-air capability, so it's not a priority. Besides, the laser missiles may well end up heading toward flying enemies anyway.
Don't worry about the "always go forward" ACBs. All the OWC designs that touch the water have them, with the exception of drones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing Tides - WIP custom campaign - by StahlSentinel - 2016-05-14, 03:54 PM