Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

Alright, I've started working on the Old World Coalition (renamed from Purifier Horde to emphasise their origins), partially because designing for the Reefback Wreckers is a nightmare, and I'm having some issues.

Drones aren't an issue. I can make drones, and maybe even make them slightly good-looking.
Antibiotic
[Image: niAbcbO.jpg]
Yes, I'm aware it looks like the TG Sneek, but at this size things tend to look rather similar unless you do something completely off the wall. It's cheap, it can be mass-produced by carriers, that's all I really needed.

Decontaminant
[Image: gidVaGu.jpg]
Because the Sea Python is the poster boy for "wasted potential".

Hydrofoil missile-spammers though? Completely different story.
Raincloud MKI
[Image: pQhK5ov.jpg]

Penicillin (I'm bad at naming things too, FYI)
[Image: B1XYPf9.jpg]

Basically, they both look like rejected Nokia designs, with none of the resilience that implies (but to be fair, I'm looking for these hydrofoils to be fairly fragile and rely on active defenses). If anyone happens to look at this post and has any ability to make half-decent hydrofoil missile-spammers, any assistance you can give would be appreciated.

Well, I have a solution to the Reefback Wreckers problem, and it's fanboats.
Fanboats are the future.

i saw your scrapper like fan-boat in the 'your vehicle blueprint' thread, they look amazing
[Image: WE3eo57.jpg]

Thanks, the Bigfoot and its brethren are going to be used as "elite" units for the Reefback Wreckers, since they're slightly less cobbled-together than their other ships (and have decent defenses, mobility, and aren't massively gimmicky like the Barrel of Laughs).

Brick 
Welp, just tried the campaign and got my aft handed to me by the first wave of Iron Devotion forces.
It's still a work in progress. I'll get it right eventually.

Introducing the Corensian Monarchy, the "age-of-sail" faction, though their designs are decidedly more in the age of steam.

So far their armada includes:

The Mayfly
[Image: AL7GsDG.jpg]
A mini-galleon with a weak broadside. APS is bad at broadsiding, who knew?

The Rose of Corensia
[Image: PauCDIX.jpg]
A decidedly more effective galleon with a pendepth HEAP CRAM broadside (the favoured weapon of the Monarchy) and an anti-air autocannon.

The Queen's Wrath
[Image: myDKcPu.jpg]
Quite frankly the largest ship I'm comfortable with making at the moment. Armed with a massive broadside, multiple AA guns and a particle cannon for dealing with erratic flyers passing overhead.

The Fouroy
[Image: ZvNPFp0.jpg]
Using a slightly different style of design from the Naval Shipyard, this support corvette is a repurposed supply ship built by Duke Jorgenson's Manufactory.

The Serpent
[Image: GPYTauL.jpg]
Bigger brother of the Fouroy, this frigate is both better armed and better defended, with missile countermeasures and a backup electric engine.

Working on the lore for them, with the general theme that they're striving to modernise their fleet from sailing ships to paddle boats.

Great looking designs! I would offer to help but unfortunately my designs fall heavily into the "function over aesthetics" category lol, still though I'll try to make something half way decent. (I'll probably make it for the Old World Coalition, they seem to fit my style the most Smile )
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

(2016-05-13, 04:49 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Great looking designs! I would offer to help but unfortunately my designs fall heavily into the "function over aesthetics" category lol, still though I'll try to make something half way decent. (I'll probably make it for the Old World Coalition, they seem to fit my style the most Smile )

That would be most appreciated! Thank you for showing your interest, it's a little quiet here in the custom campaigns forum.

The hydrofoil designs I've shown thus far I couldn't really make look very good, and subsequent designs are a tad sleeker. Interesting note: OWC cabins are completely sealed off from the outside world. No doors at all. Add control boxes for remote drone shenanigans.
Their hydrofoil ships are very fragile, relying entirely on active defenses to survive, and use missile spam primarily with some minor advanced cannon usage.

I'll add a pic of the most recent OWC design, the Skitterbug (with the wrong colour scheme, I'm juggling this custom campaign with contributing to WW2 Lite). Feel free to either go with the boxy aesthetic or the sleek one, whichever you're more comfortable with.
[Image: MD4Rgks.jpg]

PS Adding drone subspawns is A-OK. Keep it reasonable tho.

Np, I was originally (since I've already built one design (and then got side tracked and made some for my personal campaign Smile )) gonna make it a drone but the size alone is..uh.....yea it's no longer a drone lol. I'll be uploading it in a bit, dummy me forgot to add the laser designators as well as ammo before I left >.<.

Well it's now done. Unfortunately the missile array on the front was suppose to be bigger but I forgot to test whether or not it would actually go forward without flipping >.<, so I real quick rejigged it so that way it'll work now. The only problem that I foresee is that it won't like remaining still (it might sink), something I can easily fix on my end. Also, I have a ship idea that I think would be good but I have no idea which faction it would fit into. I don't want to spoil the magic of it so I'll begin construction on it and once it's done I'll just leave it here for ya Wink.

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mspaot....blueprint