Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average

Hover AI: differential yaw/pitch, attack runs, pitch for altitude

(2016-01-26, 07:52 PM)nuhll Wrote: It mus tbe something thats not one shot, and fast xD

Man link your base craft and I'll tune it up Smile

Its spaghetti :/

Lol i got an idea, whats about chaning a squierrell??
f = d

Here's something simple and fast:
[Image: 943UpYS.jpg]

Forward speed around 80, side 45. Got some extra power and plenty of fuel/storage so there's space to play around.
Dunno about trying to take a shot with a fast ~50K RP flyer, imo armor would be a waste on this.
Even the alloy front is mostly decoration, more jets or wood would be fine.

Attached Files
.blueprint   SpazRepair.blueprint (Size: 45.33 KB / Downloads: 95)

Thats super cool Big Grin, the only issue I have is it hangs around when its finished Sad, can you make it fly to its map waypoint point when idle?

(2016-01-26, 11:04 PM)Ruger Wrote: Thats super cool Big Grin, the only issue I have is it hangs around when its finished Sad, can you make it fly to its map waypoint point when idle?

Seems like there is no way to get the AI target from LUA, settled for the next best thing:
when you pull craft out of play their lua resets, so wherever they get back I store their location and use that as a waypoint.

Just position them where you want in the fleet out of play and in battles they will operate from there.
Since a fast repaircraft was a common request I've created a proper vehicle from the previous thingie.
This one is faster, a bit more stable, has sharper dodges and a spanking new paintjob.

Starting post updated with the blueprint, video in this thread.

[Image: IBDnIzl.jpg]

(2016-01-27, 07:09 AM)draba Wrote: Seems like there is no way to get the AI target from LUA, settled for the next best thing:
when you pull craft out of play their lua resets, so wherever they get back I store their location and use that as a waypoint.

Maybe needs a mainframe on board?

Nope, tried with all possible cards added.
The only remotely useful-looking LUA API call is GetTargetPositionInfoForPosition, but it still needs an enemy.

Can confirm, no real way to interface between lua and ai cards.

Hey Draba,

I've been making an airship AI, and after looking at all the available AIs I feel that your AI handles stability in the best general purpose manner for any design.

With that being said, could you give a brief explanation on your logic behind how you go from measuring the moment/impulse from every piece of propulsion to actually generating a numerical value to output to the thruster?

I've been testing this out for a few hours now and it seems very cool. One problem I've come across is when you have multiple medic vehicles repairing something they ironically end up crashing into each other. I'm not sure if there's a very obvious way of configuring this that I'm missing but if someone could help me out that would be great.
[Image: 5C9F16E6D4D2FF0001006EF9163DDF3354571402]
The attached blueprint is a larger version of the medic vehicle you made. It uses the exact same code as that on the medic

Attached Files
.blueprint   G227medivac.blueprint (Size: 71.65 KB / Downloads: 77)