Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The balloon/helium/lighter-than-air thread to end all threads

Eh, I don't think painted glass would be too good for a fabric look. If we want a fabric analogue, we're going to have to make a fabric analogue. Nothing else really works well for it.
Sometimes finishes things.

I want this because I need my Zeppelin fix. It's been requested again and again. I don't need a cloth analouge, but I want to make a heavily armor Zeppelin a la Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

I'll add in that Helium pumps should have a threshold they still function even when breached. Preferable at LEAST one block breach per helium.

Yeah, Recycling the air pump detection code would add unique possibilities to the player, because they could either fill the whole thing with a lifting gas and just brute-force the Lamb thing, or they can engineer their own enclosures inside the hull.

I think we need lifting gasses in our life, because we can make an interesting take on a thrustercraft. Perhaps even competition to the thruster-craft.

I think they prohibit waving avoidance of air ships because we would be able to nerf heli blades.

I want to finally kill the Thrustercraft, this is perfect for it.
Centralised Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
3100 Hours Ingame and Counting

Jokes on yall, I never used dediblades in a single one of my numerous thrustercraft designs Big Grin.
Feels bad to put heliblades inside ships now, don't it?

It does actually, i wanna use Helium, it'd just need to reuse the Air Pump and increase the values a bit i guess.
Centralised Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
3100 Hours Ingame and Counting

I previously suggested that a lazy solution could be to make 3x3x3 sphereical placeable "gasbags" filled with helium that produce lift.

(2016-04-07, 06:03 AM)A Lemming Wrote: I previously suggested that a lazy solution could be to make 3x3x3 sphereical placeable "gasbags" filled with helium that produce lift.

Even lazier: take balloon deployers, and make the balloons invisible :p