Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terrus Development Thread (What I'm working on)

I can help! (Probably not alot though, and I am not experienced in fixing designs thouhh I think I can manage)

If you're looking to make new designs, I have a prioritized design bounty thread that will go over designs that would either need overhauled or remade from scratch. If you're looking for more general information, the general submissions thread should provide enough intel. I need to update them or at least ensure everything is still in check.
Terrus Asunder, my custom campaign

Achievement Unlocked: Collateral Purger (Ban everyone on the forums by purging a spambot.)

So progress on revamping Terrus weather has been going rather well! I'm happy to present some previews of each area.

Do not quote this post because image overload.

Xereshol

[Image: rTemdo5.jpg]

Hydrus Canyon (on a good day)

[Image: kBnnlkV.jpg]

Desolas (Hazy weather)

[Image: 35QEUyi.png]

Sanctuary (Windy weather)

[Image: 6pu85xy.jpg]

Elenar (Due to constantly-changing water, a still-shot doesn't do much good.)

[Image: Q8QZ5At.jpg]

Naxara (During one of its fabled thunderstorms)

[Image: 5drIcG9.png]

Finally, Keltsa during a frigid, but good day!

[Image: fRIjj4K.jpg]

Alongside the weather changes, I've also done some minor adjustments to the map terrain and territory, namely a volcanic area in Elenar surrounding the TBA Infernus HQ. Also, a few designs will need to be reworked since waves can utterly cripple them. I'll be working on this in probably another patch for designs that at least function. Designs that can't function will be removed or remade.

Achievement Unlocked: Collateral Purger (Ban everyone on the forums by purging a spambot.)

I had a huge motivational spur earlier tonight and I managed to remake the Locust into a new craft in just under about 2 hours!

Old Locust:

[Image: AYvVVCy.jpg]

New Locust:

[Image: wZp42QX.jpg]

Paint may not be final but the weaponry is most likely set; 88mm twin hollow point cannons, 300RPM, 2 heavy missiles. I have the Dover from Dreadnought to thank for the inspiration of this little ferocious plane!

Now that my Monster Hunter World addiction has subsided, I'm back with more stuff to update! With the new update in stable, I have to get this update done soon.

So there are two new remakes on the horizon, one already complete and the other nearing completion; when I was testing stuff in designer, I realized that I had my wave amplitude up to 4.0 which means that I was testing craft in the toughest of practical waters (the highest wave amplitude on Terrus is at around 7-8 and those are very rare.) For the Vehement Seekers, their waters usually remain rather calm. I was designing craft for these tough waters because something made me think this was the Seekers' territory which made no sense.

tl;dr: These remakes weren't necessary but I'm happy I did them.

Fervor: The old Fervor was quite an old craft and was my idea at a type of water skimmer. However it's poorly designed and trying to revise its hull was just a little too much. I decided that the Seekers needed some more powerful, larger designs so it became a relative to the Cogenta in size but more geared for long-range artillery.

[Image: WLuWVr9.jpg]

Hateblast: Originally a remake for the Asper, I found that the "small ship with an oversized gun" appearance I was going with would serve the Hateblast better. This little sub-1000 block craft packs quite a wallop with its cannon, capable of outright eradicating smaller craft with ease. Its downside is being swarmed and it only has one gun so consider some expendable drones to battle them rather than risking a prime craft to its cannon!

[Image: zyiJIcd.png]

With the update now stable, it messed up shield colorers so I have to go through each craft and fix them. Once I do that, I think I'm good to finally push an update. The weather for all areas has been worked with but there are still a few kinks I'm concerned about, but I'll address another time.

So I have an unexpected treat of a new design; I decided to remake the Castle Factory after a huge surge of motivation.

Old Castle Factory: 

[Image: UnmU1wz.jpg]

New Castle Factory:

[Image: ufdzOPs.jpg]

I'm now working on fixing the shielding for craft "again" and am experimenting with colored LAMS and such. More stuff to come as it's worked on!

So unexpectedly, the start of the missile update has hit the devtest realm and there are a lot of changes that alter the missiles. As of current the migration of the missile update is incomplete and has some issues but I'm working with the shielding and repair bot adjustments to the remaining designs in the meantime. I'm halfway through the Dark Angels and the previous factions have been completed. By the time I finish this for all factions (and probably get a Midnight Exodus fortress made), the missile update will probably be done. I really hate to cause more delays but this was an unexpected progression for missiles. It's critical the missiles/torps are working properly and once complete, the missile-reliant faction Vexatious Blue will be greatly improved.

With the upcoming missile changes, I finally decided it was time I remade the Vexaguard which is the Vexatious Blue HQ. This thing is supposed to be well-defended and feature an odd aesthetic; a lightningrod! I've completed a vast majority of this design except for the missile compartments which will be added soon enough. Railgun turret caps are also subject to be changed.

[Image: 1VczsNl.jpg]

So here's some updates I've done to the Vexaguard now with the new missiles in devtest. The missile hatches are responsive to the targeted enemy's range. With all 24 of them in their current state, they can utterly destroy something that is slow at range, if they do not have the defenses to handle the missiles. For closer range, the missile hatches will close as it's unable to easily lock on to close range targets. Smaller missile turrets take over for defense at that point. Aside from that, there are 4 railguns with bullets that can pierce up to 6 layers of metal and 2 layers of HA. These allow it to potentially cripple enemies at absurd ranges before the closer-range defenses need to be active. It will eventually be fully shielded and have proper LAMS all around it. It can't use flak CIWS as that's a faction restriction, though I may try to fit some interceptors in somewhere.

[Image: 8VxRzue.jpg]

[Image: 7bqkRhl.jpg]