[1.864] [shell module] Supercavitation module added for shooting through water

[1.864] [shell module] Gravity compensator added for artillary

[1.864] [shell module] Tracer added for accurate shooting

[1.864] [shell module] Flak warhead added for AA

[1.864] [shell module] Smoke added for laying down a smoke screen

[1.864] max fire rate slider added to advanced cannons

[1.864] optimal barrel length for accuracy dropped to 4x shell length

[1.864] 8m autoloaders and shell clips added
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Woah that's epic. I wonder how effective flak is for AA ;D

P.S. Do supercavitation components for shells also decrease the speed at wich the shells slow down when into water? COuld I use them the other way around AKA having ACCs on submarines?
I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23, 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote: I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc

(2015-10-28, 06:49 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: [1.864] [shell module] Gravity compensator added for artillary

I believe it was mentioned in the 861 thread that these work for anti-orbital and orbital to surface ballistics as well? My orbital rail should start being effective again with this. ^_^

edit: I was wrong! http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...#pid120875
76th rule of acquisition: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Is there any plan to have an optimal shell trajectory that we can specify for the AI to use? Currently it calculates an arc but will never fire more than 45 degrees upwards to hit a target at the same altitude, as 45 degrees is the optimal trajectory for distance, so anything within that maximum 45 degree trajectory range gets fired upon with a flatter trajectory. Could we be able to tell the AI to instead invert it and aim higher, resulting in a steep trajectory instead of it defaulting to the flattest possible? I'd only use artillery to rain shells down from the highest angle above the target as possible to bypass the armor, and shells coming in at 45 degrees to a flat deck or flat side isn't so great for deflection.

(2015-10-28, 06:49 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: [1.864] [shell module] Supercavitation module added for shooting through water

[1.864] [shell module] Gravity compensator added for artillary

[1.864] [shell module] Tracer added for accurate shooting

[1.864] [shell module] Flak warhead added for AA

[1.864] [shell module] Smoke added for laying down a smoke screen

[1.864] max fire rate slider added to advanced cannons

[1.864] optimal barrel length for accuracy dropped to 4x shell length

[1.864] 8m autoloaders and shell clips added

8M autoloaders? Smoke screens? Gravity compensator? It's time.
[Image: QdjZXVx.png]
350 hours and counting in game, still refuses to build a ship bigger than 3000 blocks.

(2015-10-28, 07:05 PM)CurlySkyDiver Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 06:49 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: -snip-

8M autoloaders? Smoke screens? Gravity compensator? It's time.
[Image: QdjZXVx.png]

My thoughts exactly, man. I'm gonna make some high angle artillery barges and hide them behind islands!

Oh- with the addition of smoke warheads for shells, are we going to get them for missiles as well?

Tracers look amazing!

(2015-10-28, 07:03 PM)xenogfan43 Wrote: Is there any plan to have an optimal shell trajectory that we can specify for the AI to use? Currently it calculates an arc but will never fire more than 45 degrees upwards to hit a target at the same altitude, as 45 degrees is the optimal trajectory for distance, so anything within that maximum 45 degree trajectory range gets fired upon with a flatter trajectory. Could we be able to tell the AI to instead invert it and aim higher, resulting in a steep trajectory instead of it defaulting to the flattest possible? I'd only use artillery to rain shells down from the highest angle above the target as possible to bypass the armor, and shells coming in at 45 degrees to a flat deck or flat side isn't so great for deflection.

Yes we can do that.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Tiny bug with the interface: http://imgur.com/XjwC4gi All the grayed-out things have the tooltip of the EMP warhead below them.

Is there a way to reduce muzzle velocity through Lua code(such as by selecting which autoloader to load from)? Currently you're limited to a 2-round MRSI.