Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Access to Steam Development branch

Guys, dev and life are currently both the same version, no matter what you enter for beta access.
If you enter beta mode, it will just install the same client version, but tagged as dev.

Noone was booted out from anywhere^^
Pursue happyness with diligence
-Mastodon

Yes, I know, but the fact that it's not actually a dev version still makes me rawr!
Sometimes finishes things.

It's possible something has changed in steam and there is a bit of a bug regarding the development branch, as I checked yesterday and it still exists and the password is still the same "12charactersminimum" that it always was.

I think letting you into the dev branch before it is ready and corrupting all your saves and blueprints might make you rawr a bit more!
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Well, now that you mentioned it I can just make a backup of them! Which I really should do anyways, because betas, buyer beware, etc. heck, maybe a wipe would make me learn to be more competent at the game Tongue

Mind you I prolly would have rawred but it would have been my problem, not yours.
Sometimes finishes things.

I have no intentions to use this, mostly because we still get the same, stable version not long after. But I'd like to know, does this mean that if there is something that is given a projected date for release, then that release will come earlier to those using this method, or will it be the same?

Generally the release date is when the official branch gets it. Like right now on the dev branch we have improved drag physics that makes boats much more stable, but it won't be coming to the official branch for a little bit. So yes, the dev branch gets things earlier to test them out and give feedback before everyone else gets it. That way we get to figure out all the bugs before so Nick can fix them before pushing it to full release.

Some patches get pushed to the live branch within a few hours depending how stable it is

I followed the steps given by Nick, but whenever I start From the Depths, it says that I'm still running Alpha v1.83 and nothing in the game has changed. Is there something else in addition to the already posted things I need to do?

(2015-10-19, 05:08 PM)Hector_919 Wrote: I followed the steps given by Nick, but whenever I start From the Depths, it says that I'm still running Alpha v1.83 and nothing in the game has changed. Is there something else in addition to the already posted things I need to do?

nope
Is your steam saying "From The Depths [devtest]" (assuming you want the new cannons)([develpoment is NOT the same as [devtest])

If you want access to [dev test] for testing the Advanced cannons you can read the first line of the update thread:

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=11356