Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Access to Steam Development branch

Information 
Steam offers two branches. The main "stable" branch and the development branch.

You can swap between them with a very small download.

What is the beta branch
The latest (semi-finished) features released to eager players for testing. Only use the beta branch if you are familiar with From The Depths and want to help hunt for bugs. Expect from time to time serious game breaking bugs that might take a few days to fix. You may not want to permanently be in the beta branch.

What is the stable branch
Slightly older features (approximately one or two weeks) once they have been play tested and polished

Other notes
If you are planning on making a review / video then I'd personally appreciate you using the stable branch.

How to change branch
Right click "From The Depths" in your Steam library. Select Properties. Go to the BETAS tab. enter the access code "12charactersminimum". Select the development beta from the drop down list. Simply select "NONE" in this list to return to the stable branch.

*update 11-12-2015*
Dev-Test notes
There is also a Dev-Test branch which is a less stable version of the development branch where we test all the new bits before moving it to development/stable branch. Expect things to break if your in this branch; backing up your game profile is recommended as a precaution.

How to change to Dev-Test Branch
Right click "From The Depths" in your Steam library. Select Properties. Go to the BETAS tab. enter the access code "onlymeonlyme,". Select the development beta from the drop down list. Simply select "NONE" in this list to return to the stable branch.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Interesting, so I will stick to the unstable branch Big Grin
Steam Workshop
[Image: KofGHX]

Modding Whorkshop : Wheels On Crack : Testing Suspension

Same here Big Grin

Some opinions for the lasers: Very cool... but it takes veeeeery long until you get the first working laser...here is a good tutorial definitely needed!

Yes indeed ill work on the documentation and inventory layout in the next release. Have a look at the fortress I uploaded in the STEAM RELEASES thread.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

(2014-07-25, 09:45 PM)stormbraker Wrote: Same here Big Grin

Some opinions for the lasers: Very cool... but it takes veeeeery long until you get the first working laser...here is a good tutorial definitely needed!

took about 20 minutesBig Grin

definetly needs an description that laser cavities can't be connected to the multippurpose...they say they are connected but they dont work.
need an coupler first

Oh yes that's a bug. It was my intention that they should be connectable but I must have forgotten to click that button!

Aww i missed this thread, and now i need to wai untill tomorrow until i can try the unstable version Sad
There is no reason in being a adult if you can't be childish -Nerdcubed

the laser misslie defense blocks need fire restrictions...most damage on my ship is done from my own missile defence Big Grin

(2014-07-25, 10:29 PM)woerner92 Wrote: the laser misslie defense blocks need fire restrictions...most damage on my ship is done from my own missile defence Big Grin

yea maybe some sort of check, if their is anything friendly in the line to the target

Heh heh heh, yeah, i've had my defensive arrays pretty much torch themselves to peices trying to hit some Retarius missiles
Oh how i love unalterable usernames