Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Proposal for campaign changes

We talked about having live-update firepower metrics with glaydon and it's not gonna be an option, it would primarly screw up the performance and he would prefer to use alternative means (for instance this discussion happened when discussing of despawning a ship once none of its weapons are functioning aka 0 firepower which would need a live-update firepower metric, at least to some extend)

And as Pyro said, those metrics aren't perfect, I dunno how they are calculated but yeah, they don't take into acount the defences of the ennemies it would fight and therefore quickly lose any relevance in various settings which favor certain types of gun, shell or damage in general, also, linking up the metrics with damage types is overly complicated by the fact that most crafts uses a few different kind of weapons doing damages that combine into 1 type.
So I agree with him, the only way to properly differenciate the effectiveness of a weapon is to actualy test it alone on a test rig in the designer where you can manualy take care to remove undesired side effects and perturbations to the result.

no, i'm suggesting to use what's already in game (firepower and material damage per weapon, ship block count per material category) and package it in a better UX that's viable to use in the strategic layer
gets high on math

Since the silence on the forums, i assume everything is going well and what we will get will blow our minds.

I'm not easily given to hoping.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced
[Image: 71AB9556F070E648993FF0EB5858FE2E626BCB37]

(2020-01-05, 10:44 AM)Carolus Magnus Wrote: I'm not easily given to hoping.

Same, I want constant updates on something that is this game changing.

I have heard that there are plans for taking out centralized resources fro mthe capaign, is this true?

(2020-01-29, 11:39 AM)riganthor Wrote: I have heard that there are plans for taking out centralized resources fro mthe capaign, is this true?

Yes, Localized Resources will be enforced because AI will play by them and their entire faction building is centred around it.

(2020-01-30, 11:41 AM)mrvecz Wrote:
(2020-01-29, 11:39 AM)riganthor Wrote: I have heard that there are plans for taking out centralized resources fro mthe capaign, is this true?

Yes, Localized Resources will be enforced because AI will play by them and their entire faction building is centred around it.

ah so making it even harder for starting players or those who play for fun. I really hate games that lazer focus on meta's and it seems FTD is gonna join that pile. A shame I have really enjoyed this game.

Localized resources is super easy, just build a pipe line of tiny resource containers to transfer stuff Big Grin
くコ:彡

(2020-01-30, 11:42 AM)riganthor Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 11:41 AM)mrvecz Wrote:

ah so making it even harder for starting players or those who play for fun. I really hate games that lazer focus on meta's and it seems FTD is gonna join that pile. A shame I have really enjoyed this game.

No, first of all you can still play on easy difficulty and this change will make the game easier and harder at the same time and it mainly adds the depth it requires.
If you cant make doomfleets in AI's backyard, so cant the AI. And now you will simply make a raiding fleet to massacre enemy convoys and cut sectors off where they will either starve themselves out of fuel and then its just shooting at stationary targets. You dont need uber units for that.