Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kinetic Shell Tutorial

Could somebody point me in the direction of a kinetic shell tutorial (AP head or Sabot shells) that goes in detail about how to make a good shell? If you have one i'd love to watch it!

P.S. this will be used in the land campaign, mainly for tearing through as much Heavy Armor as possible.

(2018-10-05, 06:09 PM)Dominolan Wrote: Could somebody point me in the direction of a kinetic shell tutorial (AP head or Sabot shells) that goes in detail about how to make a good shell? If you have one i'd love to watch it!

P.S. this will be used in the land campaign, mainly for tearing through as much Heavy Armor as possible.

I'm sure there's one in the Tutorials section.

The basic idea though is AP head and one sabot body in front of as many gunpowders as you need to reach 40 AP. That's for HA - for regular metal, 20 will do fine.

The challenge is getting the minimum requirements to damage armor and keeping your shells as small as possible for faster reload. 

You'll have a much easier time penetrating HA with shaped head - it takes a pretty huge AP/S shell to do that while applying meaningful damage to things behind it. But if you just want to work your way through the armor one block at a time, rapid AP/S works.

(2018-10-05, 08:02 PM)PualWall Wrote: I'm sure there's one in the Tutorials section.

The basic idea though is AP head and one sabot body in front of as many gunpowders as you need to reach 40 AP. That's for HA - for regular metal, 20 will do fine.

The challenge is getting the minimum requirements to damage armor and keeping your shells as small as possible for faster reload. 

You'll have a much easier time penetrating HA with shaped head - it takes a pretty huge AP/S shell to do that while applying meaningful damage to things behind it. But if you just want to work your way through the armor one block at a time, rapid AP/S works.

For my uses, I need a single shell no bigger than 418mm and an 8m shell to tear through 4 layers of angled heavy armor beams in one shot. I've been successful in getting it to go through 3, just not 4. I've hit a wall since then, as my engine and turret layout can't support large railguns and I can't bring myself to use ammo injectors.

AP cap + 2 sabot body is the best ap shell in my test.

sabot head + 2 solid body also do some good job, but the first one still have highest damage against everything.

And do not use more than 3 warhead (including head part) it will cost speed and reduce damage. except using over 10m shell with direct input.

Btw, for Kinetic damage, armor could be stacked.  In your case, 4 layer HA have 142 armor class.

In Neter campaign nothing really have 4 layer HA I think...Are you talking about FBT?

im blind it's land campaign...what is that 4 layer HA beast

(2018-10-06, 02:15 AM)Xalinsky Wrote: AP cap + 2 sabot body is the best ap shell in my test.

sabot head + 2 solid body also do some good job, but the first one still have highest damage against everything.

And do not use more than 3 warhead (including head part) it will cost speed and reduce damage. except using over 10m shell with direct input.

Btw, for Kinetic damage, armor could be stacked.  In your case, 4 layer HA have 142 armor class.

In Neter campaign nothing really have 4 layer HA I think...Are you talking about FBT?

im blind it's land campaign...what is that 4 layer HA beast

Well I need it to penetrate the front of my newest tank but i'm having lots of trouble with it. Thanks for the tips on the shell btw, I'll try those out.