Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Starter Ship Scrimmage 3 - Aerial Arousal [Finished]

it seem like the left side will be put facing the enemy.
nice signature

(2018-09-17, 04:13 PM)TheBrisbyMouse Wrote: I'll participate, it won't win because I don't use shields or jets, but it'll be as competitive as I can get it.

2 questions, will the left or right side of our vessel be facing the enemy when spawned?

And is there a length limit to our craft's name? Wink

Left side will be facing.

Long names will be shortened to fit the tournament mod overlay.

(2018-09-15, 10:03 PM)harnas1977 Wrote: Quick analysis after the update
-  missiles feel nerfed and glide bombs are shadow of what they used to be.
- small APS is buffed due to in-built cooling.
Not sure if there is a need to artificially limit missiles.

Agreed. I'm removing the missile restrictions.

how long can a vehicle stay out of bound until it got disqualify?
nice signature

Question: Is there a way of telling a plane not to go above the allowed altitude? Should I disable the AI when it gets too high and hope it falls quickly? My planes try flying above the target and going above 400m despite being set to fly lower. Maybe it's caused by recoil? The gun has a lot of recoil absorption.

(2018-09-19, 10:59 AM)drewthedraw Wrote: how long can a vehicle stay out of bound until it got disqualify?

20 seconds currently.

(2018-09-19, 01:26 PM)Tomson Wrote: Question: Is there a way of telling a plane not to go above the allowed altitude? Should I disable the AI when it gets too high and hope it falls quickly? My planes try flying above the target and going above 400m despite being set to fly lower. Maybe it's caused by recoil? The gun has a lot of recoil absorption.

Use the Aerial Pitch PID. Turn up the altitude multiplier.

(2018-09-15, 05:13 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote: Detection equipment is banned, and automatic detection is set at .97

This is to prevent AI sniping and make hitscan slightly less effective
Does that ban include radar buoys? If they can't be used, radar guided missiles have no counter other than LAMS (which I feel is a bit too expensive to be viably used within the cost limit).

Also, I'm totally going to partecipate. I have a pretty stupid idea that might just work well enough to at least let me win a few battles. (A laser turret pod rotating around the craft thanks to an internal turret + light blocks)

(2018-09-19, 09:43 PM)Fepaoli Wrote:
(2018-09-15, 05:13 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote: Detection equipment is banned, and automatic detection is set at .97

Does that ban include radar buoys? If they can't be used, radar guided missiles have no counter other than LAMS (which I feel is a bit too expensive to be viably used within the cost limit).

Also, I'm totally going to partecipate. I have a pretty stupid idea that might just work well enough to at least let me win a few battles. (A laser turret pod rotating around the craft thanks to an internal turret + light blocks)

If you place the buoy holder but don't connect it via receiver then it will aloy using buoy component on a missile as a decoy, but will provide no detection information.
primum non nocere

(2018-09-19, 10:05 PM)harnas1977 Wrote:
(2018-09-19, 09:43 PM)Fepaoli Wrote:

If you place the buoy holder but don't connect it via receiver then it will aloy using buoy component on a missile as a decoy, but will provide no detection information.

Good to know. This will be allowed.

Increased OOB timer to 30 seconds.

Rules are now final.

Happy Building.