Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Battleship Brawl Season 4! (Tournament Underway!)

Well since no one else got around to it yet:

Legionaire got really unlucky with its opponents. It faced 2 champion designs and I wouldn't be surprised if the Wapen would become a champion too. Bad luck for a nice ship. But we might see it again in the next BB brawl with more improvements. Smile

(2018-10-04, 08:24 AM)Tomson Wrote: ...I wouldn't be surprised if the Wapen would become a champion too.

If it didn't capsize so easily it might. As it is, I see two ships in its path that can absolutely give it the third loss.

(2018-10-04, 08:24 AM)Tomson Wrote: Legionaire got really unlucky with its opponents. It faced 2 champion designs and I wouldn't be surprised if the Wapen would become a champion too. Bad luck for a nice ship. But we might see it again in the next BB brawl with more improvements. Smile

unfortunately with how the ship is designed internally, it would take a massive overhaul to remove the multiple problems plaguing the mk3, so most likely than not i'll probably have a new ship for the next bbs, but hey at least I have the track record for most accurate initial opening shot, it's no easy task to always hit a ship spawned sideways all the time, especially with how fast my forward main turret fired.

Both ships are amazing looking. Best we've seen so far imho
primum non nocere

Two beautiful BBs in a mighty brawl. Fun to watch!
Looks like Kaiserin has a lot of HE in those guns! Did a lot of damage per hit. Impressive! But the barrel elevation is kinda bad! Doesn't have to roll as much as Wapen to be unable to aim at the target. I know guns pointing out of a turret at a 45° angle looks kinda silly but it is useful. I guess motor driven barrels are also expensive and inaccurate with lots of recoil but still worth using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRgGMjD31Gc
Thanks for fixing and updating the tournament mod Anickle!
New ship! Big Grin Slapdash has a nice hull shape and an interesting superstructure. But the most interesting things on it are the 5 gun turrets. It has a lot of firepower! Maybe because Wapen has a lot of wood and stone parts that are weak vs fragments? Very impressive first fight! Slapdash won even with 2 damaged turrets. It might be scarier than the Tennessee. We'll see I guess.
Sorry to see Wapen! It was a very good looking and pretty powerful BB!

Thanks Tomson Smile
Slapdash isn't quite up to Tennessee quality - If I added some dodging, better cap/neck protection and maybe some more superstructure and other blocks to distract shells it would have a chance. As it is the turrets get targeted and destroyed a little too easily, considering the lineup it's going up against next I expect around a 3-3 record.

Dont worry Anickle. Youve been designing top performers past couple of tournaments. Im almost certain your ship will somehow vecome a champion.

On a side note, we are now at the 11th ship. Mine isnt last, but it is still nr 32.
Oh, the wait! All that time unsure how well my ship performs....

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3