Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sea Encounters: Ironclads [Discussion]

(2018-08-10, 10:13 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Yes you can. See the Fleet subclass. :3

Ah, I didn't make the connection. Sadly, what you're hoping for won't work, it only shares detection. Very useful for preventing ships from being made blind, but not much else.

Quote:The 360 degree camera on a spin block means that it can be inside thr hull and the game believes it has clear line of sight. It's to represent crew members peering out of the gun ports.

See, that I didn't think of. Because normally that gets outright banned as an exploit.

Quote:Exposed means on any flat, horizontal part of thr hull above water linr or on the weatherdeck. Basically outside armored larts of the ship. It can be srmored with single wooden slopes to look like a little bump on where it is located.

But not embedded in the deck, where it's surrounded by metal, right?

I see what you're going for here, but I think it's not the greatest idea. Normally you'd place repair bots to be out of the line of fire, and that normally means in an armored compartment, but here it means where the ships aren't shooting. So it'll logically end up in the crow's nest, or on top of a metal funnel, or something to just keep it away from all the shells coming in. The worst part of it is that because of how powerful repairs can be, it risks turning the fight into a combo of placing the repair bot somewhere weird and then luck. It also makes HE spam extremely powerful because of the chance to kill the repair bot. Personally, I'd stick the one repair bot rule and say put it in an ammo compartment or within X distance of an AI so it's somewhere getting targeted but HE spam isn't the best way to win.

Hmm... additional thought: is it 1 repair bot per ship or per entry, meaning a fleet needs to have only one repairing ship? Same for question for propeller limits and such, since it seems that the AI and gun limit is per entry, but the other stuff isn't as clear for a fleet.

(2018-08-10, 11:17 PM)ferram4 Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 10:13 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Yes you can. See the Fleet subclass. :3

Ah, I didn't make the connection.  Sadly, what you're hoping for won't work, it only shares detection.  Very useful for preventing ships from being made blind, but not much else.

Quote:The 360 degree camera on a spin block means that it can be inside thr hull and the game believes it has clear line of sight. It's to represent crew members peering out of the gun ports.

See, that I didn't think of.  Because normally that gets outright banned as an exploit.

Quote:Exposed means on any flat, horizontal part of thr hull above water linr or on the weatherdeck. Basically outside armored larts of the ship. It can be srmored with single wooden slopes to look like a little bump on where it is located.

But not embedded in the deck, where it's surrounded by metal, right?

I see what you're going for here, but I think it's not the greatest idea.  Normally you'd place repair bots to be out of the line of fire, and that normally means in an armored compartment, but here it means where the ships aren't shooting.  So it'll logically end up in the crow's nest, or on top of a metal funnel, or something to just keep it away from all the shells coming in.  The worst part of it is that because of how powerful repairs can be, it risks turning the fight into a combo of placing the repair bot somewhere weird and then luck.  It also makes HE spam extremely powerful because of the chance to kill the repair bot.  Personally, I'd stick the one repair bot rule and say put it in an ammo compartment or within X distance of an AI so it's somewhere getting targeted but HE spam isn't the best way to win.

Hmm... additional thought: is it 1 repair bot per ship or per entry, meaning a fleet needs to have only one repairing ship?  Same for question for propeller limits and such, since it seems that the AI and gun limit is per entry, but the other stuff isn't as clear for a fleet.

1: Ah. Ok. Wasn't sure, that latter part about one AI controlling multiple ships was more of a 'if this is possible, go ahead' type deal. So fleets are limited to 4 ships...

2: Normally, but not here. And that's why there's a limit on 2 per gun battery. :3

3: Correct, not embedded. The repair bot is a repair crew, you kill the repair crew, you kill the ability for the ship to fix damage. Wink And HE is very good at killing crew. And it's per ship. Repair bots can't fix other ships but the one they are on. Repair TENTACLES can repair at a distance, and those are banned.

Are we allowed to have an armor belt of wood-metal-wood?

(2018-08-10, 11:42 PM)You Wrote: Are we allowed to have an armor belt of wood-metal-wood?

Uh. You can if you want. Why? Gonna make a "wooden" ship?

Can we please use telescopes for tracking?

(2018-08-11, 07:41 AM)EggsBenedict Wrote: Can we please use telescopes for tracking?

Oh. I forgot about those. Sure, they count as cameras. Anyone know how to easily mount those stupid things? The bottom isn't where they connect...

(2018-08-11, 12:59 AM)Captain_Fox Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 11:42 PM)You Wrote: Are we allowed to have an armor belt of wood-metal-wood?

Uh. You can if you want. Why? Gonna make a "wooden" ship?

Yeah, I've basically built a wooden frigate with a hidden plate of metal. Using that configuration for the paint scheme too.

Second question: Glass is allowed for windows, right? 

Also, are all the other blocks (when not used as armor) allowed for decoration?

Asking because I've got crew quarters and cargo made out of various blocks, and a thing on the prow. Potential rigging too...

(2018-08-11, 10:25 PM)You Wrote: Second question: Glass is allowed for windows, right? 

Also, are all the other blocks (when not used as armor) allowed for decoration?

Asking because I've got crew quarters and cargo made out of various blocks, and a thing on the prow. Potential rigging too...
Yeah, glass is allowed. As well as other stuff if it's a tiny, tiny part and used as decoration. But if it's LWMA or Heavy armor or stone, no. That's not allowed. So ERA beds or gun barrel smoke stacks, etc. is allowed.

Quick edit: For some reason, the site didn't say you had posted...

>Can we store ammo on the turrets exclusively instead of in powder rooms? (Simulating ready powder and shells in the barbette)

>Are fleets allowed some extra resources for (and only for) spawnsticks?