Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Paddleship Pummel (Closed)

(2018-07-29, 04:07 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote:
(2018-07-29, 01:20 PM)Shaun Wrote:
(2018-07-29, 02:09 AM)Armenor Wrote: SMS König is under construction!

Really nice. That’s sort of what I’m going for, with a large paddle on the rear and one on each side. I’m gonna have a more pre-dreadnought layout though; no guns on the centreline, bar the front and rear turrets. I’ll have to figure out how I’m supposed to defend myself against that many 500s though...

Broadside 500s with the secondaries set on the superstructure? Or a literal metric crap ton of armor.

500mms have really bad mantlet angles though. Might put some in little turrets then have a load of 150mm broadsides too.

You could make them on separate turrets for better firing arcs. So the 3m elevation many sideways on another turret for Max angle.

Yo Captain what's your ship's length? I got 102m but all my turrets are way too big lol. Back to the drawing board? XD

(2018-07-29, 10:36 PM)Shaun Wrote: Yo Captain what's your ship's length? I got 102m but all my turrets are way too big lol. Back to the drawing board? XD

First one or new one? First is barely over 100m if I remember right, new one is around 144m

Will this tournament be using the current version or the dev test? My only issue is the ACBs may be incompatible.

I'd imagine current because it's stable.

A few questions for everyone, and one for Celery Man

[Image: PR0MDWX.png]

For everyone: Do the main gun barrels look good, or too noodley?

For Celery Man: Is the paddle placement allowed, or do I have to have some/move them to where the white pillar is?

This ship is definitely designed with that broadsiding placement in mind. XD The front most main gun has a shorter barrel that's in line with the three secondary guns at the very front. Aka: gonna shoot them if something is right in front.

I was gonna put a bridge where the smoke stack reactor chamber is, but that didn't have much use and I couldn't make it look like it fits. On the other hand, the smokestack does. I think. I believe I still have around 10k+ to go for other stuff to reach the minimum resource count, so I definitely will be able to fit all the guns on this that I plan to. Just won't have as many planes and small ships as I'd like.

Another noodle question:

[Image: hUv9LEO.png]

The Orion Cannon. 12m long shell. 12 GP, I-fuse, 5 frag, 5 HE, composite head. A noodle that long gives .447 accuracy. Is that too long? I tried to make it look like it's supported unlike most other noodle barrels...

Not noodly Smile The extra long barrel is nice because it’s just two of them; a nice exception to the rest.

Edit: Where are all your secondaries gonna go???

(2018-07-31, 07:11 PM)Shaun Wrote: Not noodly Smile The extra long barrel is nice because it’s just two of them; a nice exception to the rest.

Edit: Where are all your secondaries gonna go???

I realized after making it that I need to raise the Orion Cannon up a ways in order to shoot over the side wheels, so they'll be going in the empty spaces to the left/right of the back wheels and the points of the wings.

Stupid question time... are clips allowed on our one autoloader per gun?

Vehicle Design Theme = Fugly but Functional