Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

500k No-Holds-Barred Tourney (Complete)

(2016-07-27, 08:36 PM)Menti Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 12:52 PM)xxscorps Wrote: Not my best work, but here is the entry.
Don't laugh when it explodes horribly.

Unfortunately, I cannot accept this entry. It is over the RP limit. I know it's only like 186 or something like this, but the limit is the limit.

Also, you may want to make sure your AI is set to combat rather than off or your fights will be rather short.

I swear I actually trimmed it down, hang on
True enough
hopefully this version doesn't magically grow a few rp points again

Attached Files
.blueprint   The Ironclasp.blueprint (Size: 165.21 KB / Downloads: 20)
something goes here

(2016-07-27, 10:03 PM)xxscorps Wrote:
(2016-07-27, 08:36 PM)Menti Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 12:52 PM)xxscorps Wrote: Not my best work, but here is the entry.
Don't laugh when it explodes horribly.

Unfortunately, I cannot accept this entry. It is over the RP limit. I know it's only like 186 or something like this, but the limit is the limit.

Also, you may want to make sure your AI is set to combat rather than off or your fights will be rather short.

I swear I actually trimmed it down, hang on
True enough
hopefully this version doesn't magically grow a few rp points again

Looks good now! Roster updated.

No holds barred/PACs everywhere, then
(2016-07-07, 07:22 PM)Menti Wrote: -LUA is banned.
oh Sad

I'm not able to make anything using ACBs/stock AI that's not as dumb as a sack of bricks, let alone reliably aim a particle cannon.
Oh well, already wasted 2 hours on a somewhat functional frame so will slap some weapons on it and submit anyway.

Got an update to my craft. Might Improve my chance of winner... maybe.

Attached Files
.blueprint   The Teutonic Knight.blueprint (Size: 87.55 KB / Downloads: 20)

(2016-07-28, 01:29 PM)draba Wrote: No holds barred/PACs everywhere, then
oh Sad

I'm not able to make anything using ACBs/stock AI that's not as dumb as a sack of bricks, let alone reliably aim a particle cannon.
Oh well, already wasted 2 hours on a somewhat functional frame so will slap some weapons on it and submit anyway.

PACs have terribad aim regardless of the targetting system they use. They only become reliable when you are willing to either tickle the enemy with a few hundred points of damage per shot, or waste unholy amounts of energy on a single blast.

TL;DR, guidance systems are irrelevant when you're using a shotgun on anything smaller than a battleship.
[Image: 1cen8H1.jpg]

"Professional tournament manager/resusciteur."

-Skullsploder, 2016

My avatar is from a webcomic called The Archipelago! Go check it out!

(2016-07-28, 04:07 PM)Chromoid Wrote: PACs have terribad aim regardless of the targetting system they use. They only become reliable when you are willing to either tickle the enemy with a few hundred points of damage per shot, or waste unholy amounts of energy on a single blast.

TL;DR, guidance systems are irrelevant when you're using a shotgun on anything smaller than a battleship.

The terribad aim you see is mostly caused by shooting far away from the exact center of the field of fire.
Even the edge of the minimum 3° is a very noticeable drop in accuracy, at 1000 range they still have a great chance of hitting a hake-sized target with 0.5 accuracy/damage otherwise.
Shooting at larger things you can use max damage/vertical focus and take off 1/4 of an omega nightmare at 1500m.

Cool. Still, you don't need LUA for that. I've always avoided it personally, since it makes building more of a challenge personally, but that's just my preference.

Actually have been thinking about doing another dogfight tournament using that Cinematic Dogfight LUA if/when I get a lull in the racing stuff later on.
[Image: 1cen8H1.jpg]

"Professional tournament manager/resusciteur."

-Skullsploder, 2016

My avatar is from a webcomic called The Archipelago! Go check it out!

(2016-07-28, 01:29 PM)draba Wrote: No holds barred/PACs everywhere, then

And many people aren't able to make something smart using LUA because they don't know how to program/code. I don't think it's fair for someone to have an advantage in a competitive setting from a skill/ability that isn't gained from playing the game itself, even in an anything goes tourney.

(2016-07-28, 02:25 PM)Linch Wrote: Got an update to my craft. Might Improve my chance of winner... maybe.

Alrighty, your blueprint has been updated.

(2016-07-28, 05:51 PM)Menti Wrote: And many people aren't able to make something smart using LUA because they don't know how to program/code. I don't think it's fair for someone to have an advantage in a competitive setting from a skill/ability that isn't gained from playing the game itself, even in an anything goes tourney.

No contest there, it's much better to be inclusive.
My point was that ACB magic/stock AI combo is really frustrating, I think it's actually harder than using Lua Smile
Ofc coding needs some preexisting knowledge that most people really shouldn't have to bother with.