Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

Well, nice to hear that! Ill paint it tomorrow.
(The dishes are supposed to be a bed/couch)
You can't classify something as "spaghetti"
if you don't have something "non-spaghetti"
to compare it to.

-A kind Ale War

(2016-07-12, 06:59 PM)Meth3ik0n Wrote: Well, nice to hear that! Ill paint it tomorrow.
(The dishes are supposed to be a bed/couch)

Ah, I thought that was what it was meant to be!

(You mentioned the fort having a gimmick, and I still haven't figured it out... what was it intended to be, out of curiosity?)

If the turret gets hit it will create a chain-reaction of BOOM
to balance the insane destructiveness of the cannon.
You can't classify something as "spaghetti"
if you don't have something "non-spaghetti"
to compare it to.

-A kind Ale War

(2016-07-12, 08:21 PM)Meth3ik0n Wrote: If the turret gets hit it will create a chain-reaction of BOOM
to balance the insane destructiveness of the cannon.

Ah... fair enough. Makes sense now.

Just as well it's a fortress not a ship, or that would send it into orbit. Confused

Well, the promised stable branch with detection has not materialised yet.
Maybe just as well, since I haven't set up detection blocks for all the Iron Devotion's vehicles yet.
Nonetheless, I'm going to press onward and make an effort to get the early version of the campaign out into the wild ASAP.
Who knows, it may just coincide with the stable branch's release.

(2016-07-15, 07:00 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Well, the promised stable branch with detection has not materialised yet.
Maybe just as well, since I haven't set up detection blocks for all the Iron Devotion's vehicles yet.
Nonetheless, I'm going to press onward and make an effort to get the early version of the campaign out into the wild ASAP.
Who knows, it may just coincide with the stable branch's release.

Aaand it's on the workshop! Heads up tho: it does require the current version of devtest, at least until detection goes stable.

I will test when I am on a computer that is not a potato!

Also, sorry for not contributing much recently, I had exams and then went to Germany on an exchange. Anything I should know?
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
~~Terry Pratchett

(2016-07-15, 10:25 PM)Hypersycos Wrote: I will test when I am on a computer that is not a potato!

Also, sorry for not contributing much recently, I had exams and then went to Germany on an exchange. Anything I should know?

Not very much, there's been some updates to the game, most notably the addition of detection components in devtest. Worth having a look around though. Some changes in plans for factions due to this.

Edit: Hopefully at some point I'll get a subforum, being able to neatly group up design guidelines and submissions would be a godsend.

Took a look at the planets in the Steam Workshop for the first time today - jesus helicopter christ, it's a mess.
Hundreds of "Neter edited instance" with no description change, "Estra" and "WW2 Lite" being reposted by various random people, I swear I even saw Terrus turn up more than once by different people...

On the plus side though, I did find something by Majyst which looks pretty neat (though probably broken by updates, it looks pretty old).

Edit: Added link to Changing Tides workshop page on OP.

Work on de-fuglifying the Purgatory Outpost has begun.

As in, I'm rebuilding it completely, as several different pieces.

First up: The Canteen building. Barely any defense, apart from an anti-personnel turret on the roof for use in the event of an escape attempt or riot.
[Image: okpqqS7.jpg]
Pictured here firing on a convict making their escape on a Splinter execution raft. Jokes on them, there's a reason the Splinter is used for carrying out the death sentence.