Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

Alright, first off:

UAV (I have no name for this as of yet, so since it's a drone I just named it UAV temporarilyTongue )

[Image: 1tIpBRG.jpg]

Lore:
Designed by Forescythe Industries again, this time however presented to the council even though there was no contract. Impressing them greatly she was put in the production roster. Awaiting combat trials before further production

Speed: 49m/s
Armament: 6x Hot head SRAAM IR (the one's on the Benevolence Mk III)
Max Altitude: 150m

Matchstick (new and improved version):

[Image: 6XdhoOD.jpg]

Lore:
While out scavenging an engineer found a wrecked ship (big surprise) with massive CRAM cannons and a few small APS cannons aboard. Looking at the wreck he thought to himself: "What would happen if I where to make this fly, and help gain more salvage?" So he hauled the scrap heap back to his workshop, having to fight off every scavenger along the way from stealing his treasure, and began work on his glorious machine of *ahem* 'salvage collecting'. Unfortunately it didn't turn out the way he envisioned it and he was one step away from tearing it apart and selling it, however while in the process of tearing it apart a fellow engineer came and showed him what he could potentially do. Delighted to hear the idea, he quickly implements these changes and before he knows it, he created a death machine! If your under it, then your the one thats dead! If your not, then the person who's manning it is dead (I'm not kidding here).
Speed: 24m/s
Armament: 2 x 290mm composite firing APS
2 x 2000mm CRAM HE
1 x 1645mm CRAM HE
(Fair warning, I have no idea how to make them explode under a target)

Seahawk Multipurpose Strike aircraft:

[Image: vhZHqHW.jpg]

Lore:
After the success of the Rapier and the Vulture, the Council turned to Forescythe Industries again for a aircraft that combines the capabilities of a fighter aircraft, and a bomber aircraft. Up for the challenge they accepted and hastily built this prototype. Exceeding their highest expectations, they quickly showed it to the Council who have approved of a trial by fire since the war with the Deep Water Guard has been drawn out long enough. The question is, will this make them spend valuable resources on a hunk of junk or will it bring about a new era of aircraft. (I'm kidding of course, the Rapier will always be in my Air Force (it may or may not have kicked the SS aircraft's teeth down it's throat), however it is true that it hasn't been tested yet)
Speed: 59m/s
Armament: 3 x Hothead SRAAM IR (the one's on the Benevolence Mk III)
3 x SeaSerpent SRAAM IR (experimental)

Lightning class Thrusterfoil:

[Image: yeUwl5C.jpg]

Lore:
After the success of the Jetsam the engineer who made it watched in horror as a few Corensian Monarchy vessels turned two of his beloved creations into scrap! In anger he up-armored his personal Jetsam and put a nice rusty cannon that was taken off of a Old World Coalition design. This will show them that their rightful place is in pieces inside a cargo barge, not the other way around.
Speed: 42m/s
Armament: 8 x Hothead SRAAM IR (I may or may not have added them to a bunch of designs (I like them, they're darn reliable))
1 x Tri-barreled 150mm Composite round cannon (this is the same turret on the Hunter, firing the same rounds I believe)

Attached Files
.blueprint   UAV.blueprint (Size: 54.58 KB / Downloads: 16)
.blueprint   Matchstick Mk I CRAM.blueprint (Size: 132.78 KB / Downloads: 16)
.blueprint   SeaHawk class Fighter.blueprint (Size: 47.88 KB / Downloads: 15)
.blueprint   Lightning class Thrusterfoil.blueprint (Size: 87.68 KB / Downloads: 21)
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Quick message: in 1 to 3 days i will be done with the fort for ID. Hull forging took much longer than i expected...
You can't classify something as "spaghetti"
if you don't have something "non-spaghetti"
to compare it to.

-A kind Ale War

(2016-06-21, 12:18 PM)Meth3ik0n Wrote: Quick message: in 1 to 3 days i will be done with the fort for ID. Hull forging took much longer than i expected...

Okay, looking forward very much to seeing what you've constructed!

Gaurdian, I've had a look at the four designs you sent.

In the order I looked at them:
Matchstick
Looks the part for a Wrecker design. I've done some tweaking, and it should be integrated once I've got a name for it (since it doesn't look too much like a matchstick any more). It is pretty interesting, and with the possibility of armour buffs this could well be the Wreckers' Coffin Nail. Its secondaries are surprisingly effective against sea-level targets, even though I set them up for anti-air.

SeaHawk
This one tends to end up in the water when it attempts a roll turn. Not sure quite why. Also, the missiles could use ejectors for safety.

UAV
With a dediblade system fairly visible and missile armaments, this one could fit well with the OWC. The front is a bit too flat, and it could probably lose some armour (replace with alloy) since it'll be relying on shields as an OWC design.

Lightning Thrusterfoil
A pretty solid big brother for the Jetsam (which now has disruptor shells for support usage), I'll be integrating this once I've added some Wrecker aesthetic features (like a figurehead or something).

A question: you said no sabot AA, so i used Composite/3Frag ammo.
This tears through wood at an insane speed (MV 300m/s). Is it balance wise ok?
Btw its a 53mm 6barrel AA minigun. Large magazine, takes forever to reload.
to compare it to.

-A kind Ale War

(2016-06-21, 07:05 PM)Meth3ik0n Wrote: A question: you said no sabot AA, so i used Composite/3Frag ammo.

This should be okay, but if it does turn out to be too strong, I can always tweak it.
Try to set the frag cones at 15-20 degrees, just in case, I know for a fact that below 10 degrees frags suddenly turn into armour mincers.

(2016-06-21, 07:12 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 07:05 PM)Meth3ik0n Wrote: A question: you said no sabot AA, so i used Composite/3Frag ammo.

This should be okay, but if it does turn out to be too strong, I can always tweak it.
Try to set the frag cones at 15-20 degrees, just in case, I know for a fact that below 10 degrees frags suddenly turn into armour mincers.

Ok, i had it at 10° so ill set it to 20. I was wondering why it erased a warden in 1.5 minutes...
to compare it to.

-A kind Ale War

Reefback Wreckers almost full

I've got almost all the designs I wanted to add to the Wreckers (and more!), so I'm going to be a tad more picky about what they get.

As it stands, I'm looking to get hold of designs for the following:
  • Some small-ish flyers. Wreckers need some (mediocre and made of junk) fighters.
  • A replacement for the Flying Corensian, which is currently a modification of the Volley. This should be a wooden sailing ship hoisted into the air by big ugly dediblade systems.
  • An old-fashioned ironclad. This can use direct-feed APS, CRAMs, or something else entirely, but should be slow, unshielded, and slightly resemble a barn roof. If you need inspiration, look up the USS Essex or IJN Kotetsu.
  • Resource bases, HQ, etc.
  • Some sort of submarine similar to the Dark Hammer (i.e. less like a submarine and more like a buoyancy-challenged patrol boat).

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Gaurdian, I've had a look at the four designs you sent.

In the order I looked at them:
Matchstick
Looks the part for a Wrecker design. I've done some tweaking, and it should be integrated once I've got a name for it (since it doesn't look too much like a matchstick any more). It is pretty interesting, and with the possibility of armour buffs this could well be the Wreckers' Coffin Nail. Its secondaries are surprisingly effective against sea-level targets, even though I set them up for anti-air.

K, I look forward to fighting it (I've only tested this design against some of my Late game AA ships, not the early ones Tongue). Yea, they where originally made to rain down on the enemy from afar, however considering the fact that at close ranges they become useless against the enemy it's probably a good idea to make them AA.

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: SeaHawk
This one tends to end up in the water when it attempts a roll turn. Not sure quite why. Also, the missiles could use ejectors for safety.

Again? I thought I fixed that, oh well I'll see what's causing it (probably a setting in the Aerial AI again). Yea, I tested that a few minutes after I posted it and it was....close so I'm gonna attempt to put 2 ejectors on each to see if that'll help (since I have a feeling that if she pulls up and fires, that those missiles are suddenly gonna *remove* the pilot from the cabin).

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: UAV
With a dediblade system fairly visible and missile armaments, this one could fit well with the OWC. The front is a bit too flat, and it could probably lose some armour (replace with alloy) since it'll be relying on shields as an OWC design.

K, I'm gonna make the front more aerodynamic in a bit (I didn't want to at the time since she was actually made in a little under an hour in an attempt to get some ideas lol). Alright, I can do that. Her engines should be able to support some shields.

(2016-06-21, 01:47 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Lightning Thrusterfoil
A pretty solid big brother for the Jetsam (which now has disruptor shells for support usage), I'll be integrating this once I've added some Wrecker aesthetic features (like a figurehead or something).

Alright. It was funny I actually meant to make this for my campaign as a big brother for it that was gonna be a lot stronger BUT when I looked at the cost I nearly fainted (It costs about 4/5 my starting destroyer, which stands up to pilferers and the like....this one cannot lol).

(2016-06-21, 07:29 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Reefback Wreckers almost full

I've got almost all the designs I wanted to add to the Wreckers (and more!), so I'm going to be a tad more picky about what they get.

As it stands, I'm looking to get hold of designs for the following:
  • Some small-ish flyers. Wreckers need some (mediocre and made of junk) fighters.
  • A replacement for the Flying Corensian, which is currently a modification of the Volley. This should be a wooden sailing ship hoisted into the air by big ugly dediblade systems.
  • An old-fashioned ironclad. This can use direct-feed APS, CRAMs, or something else entirely, but should be slow, unshielded, and slightly resemble a barn roof. If you need inspiration, look up the USS Essex or IJN Kotetsu.
  • Resource bases, HQ, etc.
  • Some sort of submarine similar to the Dark Hammer (i.e. less like a submarine and more like a buoyancy-challenged patrol boat).

Smallish fighters I can do
Yea, working on the replacement (however it's gonna be a bit before it's done)
So a pike hull vessel or like one of these Ironclads
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

(2016-06-21, 08:16 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: K, I look forward to fighting it (I've only tested this design against some of my Late game AA ships, not the early ones Tongue). Yea, they where originally made to rain down on the enemy from afar, however considering the fact that at close ranges they become useless against the enemy it's probably a good idea to make them AA.

It's now been integrated as the "Split Pillar Fortress". Odd name, but it's pillar-shaped and I wanted to call it a flying fortress for some reason.

Also it has a proper cockpit now.

(2016-06-21, 08:16 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: Smallish fighters I can do
Yea, working on the replacement (however it's gonna be a bit before it's done)
So a pike hull vessel or like one of these Ironclads

The ironclads in the link you sent are pretty much what I had in mind. Go with a medium-sized vessel, about the size of the Onyx Watch's Ironclad or Bastion.

Bear in mind that I'll probably be building a Flying Corensian replacement of my own, so we'll see which fits the slot better when it gets to that point.