Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Changing Tides - Archived pre-subforum thread

(2016-06-14, 05:11 PM)Hypersycos Wrote: People find updates here, and APS is affected by LAMS too. What is a bug, is that projectiles that aren't explosive aren't getting killed by LAMS at all.

K, good to know. That kinda makes sense actually (it would almost make a good feature but LAM's are too effective at taking them out). Explosives would be more susceptible to the LAM's since they are just a thin bit of armor then some kind of explosive. Solid shots are.... well solid chunks of metal being flung at the enemy's face.
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

Solid shots have a lot more health to kill(which is a feature), but for now they're not getting killed at all, so bugged.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
~~Terry Pratchett

I'm pretty sure that the APS rebalance will involve adding an "ammo ejector" component to prevent clip detonation, so in the event that it does get added, it's probably going to become a mandatory part of all APS systems.

(2016-06-18, 10:23 AM)StahlSentinel Wrote: I'm pretty sure that the APS rebalance will involve adding an "ammo ejector" component to prevent clip detonation, so in the event that it does get added, it's probably going to become a mandatory part of all APS systems.

Ok. Trust me, if that thing prevents ammo racking then I'm adding them to every cannon I make. I don't care if it's firing 18mm or 500mm shells, it's getting as many as I can put on.

Exclamation 
Important - with exams coming to an end, I'm going to have more time on my hands to look at designs and sort out factions, etc. etc.
Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, the campaign is off the back burner.

Well, I think we all knew this would be necessary sooner or later - all missile warners must now be mounted on the outside of the vessel due to the latest devtest version. I'll see what I can do about fixing the designs that abused the state of warners before, no need to worry.

Also we have warp drives now, I'm really interested to see what they can do.

Exclamation 
Another fairly important announcement:
EMP is now allowed for designs, but only for disruptor ammunition. (Don't get too carried away with it though.
Similarly, smoke cannons are something I think would benefit Old World Coalition vessels.

(2016-06-20, 02:14 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Important - with exams coming to an end, I'm going to have more time on my hands to look at designs and sort out factions, etc. etc.
Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, the campaign is off the back burner.

Sweet, good to hear!

(2016-06-20, 05:05 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Well, I think we all knew this would be necessary sooner or later - all missile warners must now be mounted on the outside of the vessel due to the latest devtest version. I'll see what I can do about fixing the designs that abused the state of warners before, no need to worry.

Also we have warp drives now, I'm really interested to see what they can do.

Fortunately none of my designs utilized this so there is no need to check mine lol.
Same here.

(2016-06-20, 07:16 PM)StahlSentinel Wrote: Another fairly important announcement:
EMP is now allowed for designs, but only for disruptor ammunition. (Don't get too carried away with it though.
Similarly, smoke cannons are something I think would benefit Old World Coalition vessels.

K, I'll see what I can do on my end with them.

(2016-06-14, 07:16 PM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: This is now becoming a favorite weapon of mine (I'm already in the works of retrofitting the Matercula with this cannon).

Well unfortunately the Matercula is incompatible with the new cannon (yea, I've been kinda letting this sit for a while until today). The cannon is far too large and would require a complete redesign of the front of the Matercula, as an upside though: I'll begin removing the excess armor for it soon (since that's the only thing that needs to be done at this point).

Just as a warning, I'm most likely not gonna have any new designs pumping out since I've kinda lost inspiration (I've built, scrapped and rebuilt, scrapped again and rebuilt the twin hulled ship and the Reefback wreckers new airship as well as some for my personal campaign several times now). Fortunately before I got tapped out I built a couple new things, I'll make a separate post for them.