Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Challenger Engines (return of KuramaFox's Ghosts)

Challenger 6x3x12 & 6x4x12 series engines

Flat/narrow engines heavily influenced by KuramaFox

edit: just found out these are actually under Kuramafox's Ghost sereis....

all are extendable engines
all set to most efficient rpm showing max PPF

[Image: M5Qa8j9.jpg]

BLUE : turbo & Supercharged 6x3x12
slow ramp with 12 mass

[Image: FFDfoRs.jpg]

Green: turbo only 6x3x12
[Image: HVaG8ID.jpg]

Red:Remapped turbo 6x4x12
additional piping around the perimeter thus the 4 thickness
[Image: PpccnoT.jpg]

Attached Files
.blueprint   Challenger_testing_platform.blueprint (Size: 52.29 KB / Downloads: 63)

They're nicely efficient engines, but that power output is rather low for that size. My 7x3x7 engine manages 1200 at similar efficiency levels... So for a 12m long engine you should be able to get far more power.

(2016-04-07, 12:44 PM)SpaceCommanderNemo Wrote: They're nicely efficient engines, but that power output is rather low for that size. My 7x3x7 engine manages 1200 at similar efficiency levels... So for a 12m long engine you should be able to get far more power.

the second 6x3x12 1800 gives me around 8.3 PBb (474 PPF @ 100)
where a 7x3x7 with 1200 would give a PBB of 8.1
I'd say that it's pretty close power to bounding box ratio
the efficiency of my engines does go up a lot, the longer it gets, but the ramp time would be terribly slow

Im that 1 guy who likes 58ppb 4200 power carb engines

with a bit more scampering around the forum I found out I just made a modified version of KuramaFox's Ghost series engines...

I probably ought to take a swing at revamping the ghost series sometime, actually.

It was something I made before doing the whole twin-engine thing, and could potentially benefit from some of the stuff I've learned since.
Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.