From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: 1.606 [ Dev only ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
To all 3 of my mac users I am proud to annouce 1.6x is finally mac ready- I hope.

And to everyone else you'll also find fixes in here, and now the Q menu requires to be held down for 0.25seconds before it appears. This allows you to still toggle controller modes with Q and use a tab of Q to interact with things without worrying about opening the GUI.

Terrain generation got a bit of a "speed up" in this patch (trying everything to stop the mac crashing) but it might have broken something. seems okay to me but let me know what you discover.

Pretty happy with this build I think so I'll be making a few minor changes tomorrow (downloading some of these buggy custom campaigns people have been submitting and seeing whats wrong) then finally porting to stable.

Put all bug reports regarding this specific version into this thread please so I can bash through them all tomorrow.
You should really make a trailer for MAC Support as that can be kinda a huge deal to some people even if they don't own a Mac such as myself; it shows the Dev is putting his all into it,even for a smaller audience.The trailer can be a silly but simple one. Maybe the video shows you putting a sticker on a PC, cut frame to the MAC with FTD running on the screen.
(2015-05-12, 01:44 AM)Dilin Wrote: [ -> ]You should really make a trailer for MAC Support as that can be kinda a huge deal to some people even if they don't own a Mac such as myself; it shows the Dev is putting his all into it,even for a smaller audience.The trailer can be a silly but simple one. Maybe the video shows you putting a sticker on a PC, cut frame to the MAC with FTD running on the screen.

That should probably wait until it's confirmed that Mac support is actually working ok. This is still a highly experimental release.
haha yes. Just FYI FtD has supported both mac and linux for many, many months... I just broke it all with 1.6 and needed to fix it.

It works on my mac Wink
Ahhhh Silly me! I didn't know this but now I do!
Any planned updates for custom story missions? I wouldn't mind being able to see where things would spawn while making them.
I still cant load my custom campaign...
[Image: UrkDnOn.jpg]
Mac fix seems to have worked, no crashes yet.
- I can now spawn without needing the Vehement Seekers spawn point being set, which is a hefty positive.
- I can set resource growth to low now, woo!
- Indicators while interface being off now works as planned.

There is still two problems, however. First and more importantly, my interface keeps crashing whenever I try to switch pages in the diplomacy info. If I hit "Switch Page" to look at the next page of factions on their territory info, it does what I will post as an attachment.

The second problem, which I'm unsure is a bug or not, but don't the other factions get angrier or happier with you whenever you alter a certain faction's standing of you? (For example, declaring war on the Onyx Watch would make the Steel Striders happier with you.) There have been no alterations of relations with my factions thus far for the custom campaign, even though the factions have diplomacy with each other. It seems to work as intended in the standard campaign.

The third issue is simply because I'm a grammar nazi sometimes. lol refer to the second picture. It still says chanGe instead of chanCe with the percentage to spawn.
This is looking quite positive - just a small number of fixes required. Blake can you post either all of your world files on the forum of if you have already done so please remind me of their location.
Pages: 1 2 3 4