From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Multi thread optimisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
i want options in the settings to give the game 1-8 threads set buy the individual to divide the cpu work load of the games needs. kind of like a slider bar for how many threads your willing to give the game. so maybe i can use my flagships in battle..
Unity 5 is coming(Which supports multithreading) soon™
Yes, currently multithreading utilisation is very poor, due to old Unity engine.
Wait, I thought Unity 5 is allready out?
(2015-05-10, 10:41 AM)Anister Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, I thought Unity 5 is allready out?
No Tongue
just 1.6
Unity3D 5 is out as it self, but FTD has not implementation to new engine as yet. There will be some work on that required.
FtD currently does the water simulation and terrain generation in a different thread, but that is it (just for reference).
(2015-05-10, 11:28 AM)Nick Smart Wrote: [ -> ]FtD currently does the water simulation and terrain generation in a different thread, but that is it (just for reference).
so does do you plan too upgrade this game to this unity 5 everyone is mentioning? and if so would there be any major drawbacks to it?
rather drawforward Smile
drawback is the waiting time
(2015-05-10, 12:43 PM)Antypodish Wrote: [ -> ]rather drawforward Smile
drawback is the waiting time
Cool sounds good would this waiting time be within a few months? or is it a really long wait time. cause i really like this game i just want it to run better with larger ships in large battles. so in the campaign i can have very large and diverse fleets. and so can the enemy making the game new again. and off coarse multilayer campaign would be fun as well? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6