From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: 1.60 [Development branch only]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1.60 has arrived in development branch. Changes are too numerous to mention but let me identify the problems you'll find in it...

1) Your saves in the 1.59 campaign will not work. Ever. Go back to stable branch if you need to open a save, save a vehicle to a blueprint file etc.

2) Your progress through story missions will not follow on from 1.59 to 1.6. You'll need to win those missions again.

3) The way to make a new "custom planet" is to go to the map editor and basically save the planet. You then need to hit "Generate new Identifier" in the main setting's "edit" tab. If you don't do this then FtD will think your planet is a later version of Neter and will start to do crazy things like delete story mission progression (if you delete those story missions in your planet). I'll try and find a work around to make this automatically happen- but in the mean time- generate a new identifier manually.

4) There is no auto save in the map editor. I recommend since this is the first release of the map editor you save to a couple of different files. A backup system (with a single backup) is automatically in place (same as for blueprints).

5) Heartstones are required in the story missions.

6) There may be some serious problems with it so please do post in the bug reports section anything you can find (screen shots of problem are a plus) so I can fix as soon as possible
Woot woot!
You know something's amazing when just the flaws are being mentioned by the creator xD. It's gun B gud.
'No built in file' error message on a few vehicles like Volley, starter raft, directly on launch... all of them^^
A spaghetti okay... hold on then. I'll need to set it back to 1.59 and then try again in an hour I think.
Well, they still load in in the vanilla designer.
(2015-05-04, 11:01 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: [ -> ]1.60 has arrived in development branch. Changes are too numerous to mention but let me identify the problems you'll find in it...

1) Your saves in the 1.59 campaign will not work. Ever. Go back to stable branch if you need to open a save, save a vehicle to a blueprint file etc.

2) Your progress through story missions will not follow on from 1.59 to 1.6. You'll need to win those missions again.

3) The way to make a new "custom planet" is to go to the map editor and basically save the planet. You then need to hit "Generate new Identifier" in the main setting's "edit" tab. If you don't do this then FtD will think your planet is a later version of Neter and will start to do crazy things like delete story mission progression (if you delete those story missions in your planet). I'll try and find a work around to make this automatically happen- but in the mean time- generate a new identifier manually.

4) There is no auto save in the map editor. I recommend since this is the first release of the map editor you save to a couple of different files. A backup system (with a single backup) is automatically in place (same as for blueprints).

5) Heartstones are required in the story missions.

6) There may be some serious problems with it so please do post in the bug reports section anything you can find (screen shots of problem are a plus) so I can fix as soon as possible

O....M....G!!!!

I've only been in it for 2 minutes, but you guys.......look down at the sea floor from the air. Do it now, go!

I'm going to put some hours on this and report back. TY Nick!!
NICK!
I just shat my pants

everything is so different!
This world rim thing is funny, seriously.
What might lay beyond it...
Fancy mystery Big Grin

Daylight phase editor including curves... Fine stuff sire Wink
Just packaging up the fix for the "file not found" issue....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8