From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Share your most hilarious FtD experiences!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some parts of FtD just made me crack up and laugh when I witnessed them; not that they're bad, but that they have something hilarious about them, be it something that violates normal physics, doesn't make any sense, or operates in such a way that you question how or why it even operates at all.

Have any of you ever had an experience in FtD that made you stop and crack up laughing at just how silly/odd/broken it was?

If so, do tell! I look forward to hearing your responses.

To get the ball rolling, my most hilarious experience was that after spending several hours building a huge destroyer with a massive railgun on top, the first shot on an enemy hit practically dead-on at over 1500m/s, and just casually bounced off and slowed to about 20m/s, to which I slapped my knee and slumped over wheezing and laughing.
This blueprint.
My graphics card was destroyed Sad
(2019-10-08, 09:39 PM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote: [ -> ]My graphics card was destroyed Sad

Feelsbadman.
There were many, but the most recent in mind was the one where, because of the Center-of-mass-bug, all my ships became space ships.
Tested it with my Age-of-Sail ships aswell and that was a sight to behold Smile
(2019-10-08, 08:57 PM)CEO Atlas Wrote: [ -> ]Some parts of FtD just made me crack up and laugh when I witnessed them; not that they're bad, but that they have something hilarious about them, be it something that violates normal physics, doesn't make any sense, or operates in such a way that you question how or why it even operates at all.

Have any of you ever had an experience in FtD that made you stop and crack up laughing at just how silly/odd/broken it was?

If so, do tell! I look forward to hearing your responses.

To get the ball rolling, my most hilarious experience was that after spending several hours building a huge destroyer with a massive railgun on top, the first shot on an enemy hit practically dead-on at over 1500m/s, and just casually bounced off and slowed to about 20m/s, to which I slapped my knee and slumped over wheezing and laughing.
Ah yes... FtD physics...

Well, as far as my most entertaining schenanigans goes I'm going to have to put that down to messing with the first iteration of the Grav Ram shell type.

At the time the things were utterly broken to the point where watching large airships wildly spin wasn't out of the question if you used a big enough railgun. Of course, myself and a few of the other more technically minded people took one look and went 'Huh... Wonder what happens if I shoot my own craft with one?' and thus was born the single most ridiculous propulsion system in FtD history.

For the few short weeks before the shells were nerfed into the ground we had floating battleships via 18mm direct feed guns, 'teleporting' submarines, and I think @Hikari built a superluminal craft (though that might have been using the infinite CRAM recoil from when they first arrived). Meanwhile I managed to build a set of 'vehicles' that 'flew' at around 5000m/s straight at the enemy craft... Yeah, my Intel photo for the Bulwark is still one disintegrating from the impact (which killed somewhere around 75% of its total block count).

Still the single silliest bit of FtD cheese I've seen, and I'm pretty sure it's not getting topped anytime soon Tongue.
I haven't had many true hilarious moments, but here are a few that may qualify:
- Ages ago, as I was attempting to mod CRAM cannons, I accidentally made it so the gauge was uncapped. Cue 200 meter caliber CRAM cannon which didn't fire because it took unmeasurable amounts of time to reload.
- I had built a little rammer vehicle, and tested it against a marauder. It was jet operated since back then wheels didn't provide power. Lamb thing took the marauder with it and ventured off into space.
- I wondered what would happen if I put a 3x3 heliblade on a KV2 replica (with a longer barrel and whatever because i was bored)
- I was testing a CRAM fortress. Against aircraft, testing it's AA weaponry. Nope, one of the side CRAM cannons decided it had enough and fired it's 150m/s shell at the plane. Direct hit, no more plane.
- More recently now, more of a defeated laugh than anything else, I had built a railgun SPG and decided to test it against my "inpenetrable" tank. Went right thru the 6m of HA armor. Yea, not super impressive, but it was for me at the time.
I think for funniest FtD experiences I could reference them to the old age and new age.

Old age: We had a multiplayer session with quite a few veterans and the main star of the show was 7thfleet's "Spiked Ball Thing" which used some insane black magic with old unhinged spinblocks, still have no idea how it works to this day, only that it works no more. We built a cage out of rubber to contain it. You would THINK that would work...it kept phasing through the walls instead. At one point we spawned it inside of a ship and not only did the ship get eradicated in seconds, but the session crashed, game crashed, and I had an 8000 page error log. I still have that log to this day.

New age: Learning how to change the in-game sounds. I'm scared to admit what all I've added and changed but I'm laughing constantly due to it.
When we were testing DW MP instances. It was frustrating and fun at the same time.
Old timers here might know whats up but DW supposed to have a set of PvP battles where each team mans a ship and they go in and fight to the death. At that moment i realised how crappy the PvP system is. Lets say Avatars have paper thin armour and gets killed by 4-6 bullets from minigun and they have such massive hitboxes that most of the deaths were due to explosions killing players through solid walls.

Another thing i remember is what happens if you put a balloon deployer on Zrytix and activate it. Lets say that in one second, it goes from 0 alt to 2 677 219 E + 11
No, i am not kidding

Definately the multi game Abyay mentioned with the "Spiked Ball Thing", good times Smile
Pages: 1 2