From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Breadboard updates/changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm working on some major changes to the breadboard to make various new kinds of inputs and components as wel as some quality of life changes. 
One of these quality of life changes is the ability to connect an output to more than one input at simultaneously, but this change requires a small change in the save format used by the breadboard. The result of this change will be that if you load a breadboard made before these changes, then all outputs of all modules will be duplicated. It shouldn't be a huge problem, but I just wanted to let you know in advance. To compensate, you'll be able to remove a selected in- or output by simply pressing the 'Delete' key on your keyboard. 

Upcoming changes/additions
  • The ability to zoom in and out on the breadboard
  • An optional grid drawn in the background. If enabled, components will snap to this grid when moving them
  • Every output will be able to connect to any number of inputs instead of just one
  • The ability to copy and paste components inside the breadboard
  • Pressing 'Delete' will remove a selected input or output
  • Selecting a component, input or output will highlight all links of that component
  • It will be possible for modules to have inputs and outputs that use values other than numbers (allows many more interesting components)
  • There will be a system to loop/iterate over various things. More on this later when I can show some examples
  • A component to read information from any block that has interesting information (things like the boiler pressure of a steam boiler)
  • A component to set most sliders, toggles and some other settings of blocks that have those
  • Lots of extra inputs and components
Some of these are already finished and will be included in the next devtest build, some of these only need to be properly tested before they can be released, and some will take a couple of weeks before they'll be ready. 

I would really like to hear any suggestions for new components or general breadboard features or changes you might have and please do report any bugs you encounter.

I will also be posting some video in this thread explaining examples of what you can do with breadboards and showing off new features. If you want me to do a vid on something specific or a tutorial or something, feel free to request that too.
Hi!

The breadboard is really cool, I like it a lot, it somewhat relit my enthusiasm, already made some neat little gadgets like gyrostabilized platforms or some sort of heads up display and a +- to + propulsion2boilerdrive converter Smile
I'd like to see some ordinary digital gates, toggle latches and all that stuff, like in the Protectech Industries mod ALB system.
And don't forget the soundblock and holoprojector. Would be interesting to switch them between different sounds/gfx for less bulkyness.
Basically everything we can currently control and read with ACBs.

Bye!
Can I control edge line?
Now I cannot read which is connneted to which and which is current value.

[Image: bff6ee7b85.jpg]
Addition:
I'd like to see CoM, CoL and CoB position inputs.
Closest enemy missile bearing,altitude and velocity.

@moonrunner
Neat logic gate workaround with the math evaluators Smile
(2019-05-17, 05:57 AM)h0yer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

The breadboard is really cool, I like it a lot, it somewhat relit my enthusiasm, already made some neat little gadgets like gyrostabilized platforms or some sort of heads up display and a +- to + propulsion2boilerdrive converter Smile
I'd like to see some ordinary digital gates, toggle latches and all that stuff, like in the Protectech Industries mod ALB system.
And don't forget the soundblock and holoprojector. Would be interesting to switch them between different sounds/gfx for less bulkyness.
Basically everything we can currently control and read with ACBs.

Bye!

Hi,

I'm not sure whether all of this is already in the latest devtest, but you can use <, >, <=, >=, ==, !=, || (or), && (and) and ? : (ternary) operators in the math evaluator. The formula (A and B) xor (C or D) could for example be written as (a && b) != (c || d). I don't think I'll add separate components for all of these, I think just having the maths evaluator for that is enough. I'll add some documentation to it showing everything that you can use though. 

I'm planning on letting breadboards interact ACBs directly (activating ACBs and reading whether an ACB has been activated) and breadboards will be able to do most/all of the things ACBs can do anyway, but it may take a while to add all that functionality
(2019-05-17, 05:59 AM)moonruner Wrote: [ -> ]Can I control edge line?
Now I cannot read which is connneted to which and which is current value.

Yeah, that has bothered me a lot as well. As a start, selecting a component, input or output will highlight the lines connected to it, which already helps in figuring out what is connected to what. I'll add the ability to move them too
(2019-05-17, 08:24 AM)h0yer Wrote: [ -> ]Addition:
I'd like to see CoM, CoL and CoB position inputs.
Closest enemy missile bearing,altitude and velocity.

I'll add those. 
For info on enemy missiles, I'm adding a system similar to what you have with the projectile avoidance for AI where you can enter a formula that decides which incoming projectile has the highest priority. The breadboard version of this will be much more powerful though. It's part of the "There will be a system to loop/iterate over various things" change/addition in the list
@HerpeDerp

Yay, I didn't realize it was capable of THAT intricate stuff, awesome Smile

I might be doing it wrong or it's a bug, but "If((a>=c)&&(b>=d),0.5,-0.05)" doesn't do stuff, tried to make an automatic gear extension/retraction driver, it only gives a 0 on the output.
c and d are both constants @20 and a and b are velocity and altitude, while 0.5 and -0.05 being the angular drive on the spinblocks the gears are mounted on.
Works if I only use altitude or velocity, but the && apparently breaks it.

I can see some really good stuff coming in Smile
(2019-05-17, 05:36 PM)h0yer Wrote: [ -> ]@HerpeDerp

Yay, I didn't realize it was capable of THAT intricate stuff, awesome Smile

I might be doing it wrong or it's a bug, but "If((a>=c)&&(b>=d),0.5,-0.05)" doesn't do stuff, tried to make an automatic gear extension/retraction driver, it only gives a 0 on the output.
c and d are both constants @20 and a and b are velocity and altitude, while 0.5 and -0.05 being the angular drive on the spinblocks the gears are mounted on.
Works if I only use altitude or velocity, but the && apparently breaks it.

I can see some really good stuff coming in Smile

It's possible that &&, || and ?: are not yet included in the last build, but in your case you can at least still use multiplication instead of && for now
progress. Grid, zooming, highlighted links, multiple inputs per output and most importantly, support for more data types than just numbers, such as vectors in this image
[Image: s5jNmsj.png]
Pages: 1 2 3