From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: 2.4.1 series changelog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many releases in this series. Moving onto 2.4.2 as of tomorrow.

Some fun stuff hidden in their (if you like equations and particle cannon energy whips) Big Grin

v2.4.1 [Add] <AI>: Added a multi-mainframe editor launch button to the E menu / M menu for quickly accessing AI settings
v2.4.1 [Add] <AI>: Added a waypoint reached threshold distance slider
v2.4.1 [Add] <AI>: Added description of what the AI does with the six control modules, for each of the manoeuvre routines
v2.4.1 [Add] <AI>: Added firing mode controls to the E menu / M menu (you can now disable firing without disabling movement
v2.4.1 [Add] <Block>: Wheel Mirrors added into the inventory menu.
v2.4.1 [Add] <Blocks>: Added prototype of a sound emitting block
v2.4.1 [Add] <Breadboard>: Added a mathematical expression evalutator component to the breadboard
v2.4.1 [Add] <Breadboard>: Added a vehicle speed input component to the breadboard
v2.4.1 [Add] <PAC>: Particle cannon melee lens prototype added
v2.4.1 [Add] <Warp>: Warp drive controller now fully controllable. When charge rate >0 it will charge and when <0 it will warp
v2.4.1 [Change] <ACB>: [BUGS-693] Propulsion command ACB input now responds to commands on the forwards/backwards axis as well as the primary drive axis
v2.4.1 [Change] <AI>: AI now adds a default naval manoeuvre routine if no manoeuvre routine exists
v2.4.1 [Change] <AI>: AI now drives the forwards/backwards thrust axis rather than adjusting Main drive
v2.4.1 [Change] <AI>: Default controller option now contains a 'response width' slider for smoothing out the control signal
v2.4.1 [Change] <AI>: Naval manoeuvre routine will now slow to only half speed (rather than zero speed) when the pitch gets too high (when not in pitch control mode)
v2.4.1 [Change] <AI>: Old propulsion equipment set to 'main' now migrates into the new version to have the forwards/backwards thrust axis set as well as the Main drive axis set.
v2.4.1 [Change] <AI>: Set the default ideal pitch setting for naval manoeuvre routine to 15 degrees (not zero degrees)
v2.4.1 [Change] <Engine>: Updated from Unity 2017.1.something to 2017.4.25
v2.4.1 [Change] <Missiles>: Sonar buoy only equipable on medium size missiles
v2.4.1 [Fix] <ACB>: [BUGS-690] Color picked in ACB now controls alpha correctly
v2.4.1 [Fix] <AI>: [BUGS-687] Aim point and prioritisation cards now correctly migrate from old settings and save correctly
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Blocks>: [BUGS-689] Spinner now starts spin from resting angle when continuous spin mode engages, after loading.
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Blocks>: [BUGS-702] It is now possible to reset the drive maintainer channels to 0 when pressing both pos and neg inputs at the same time
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Blocks>: Mimics being repaired now display the correct material
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Controls>: [BUGS-672] Pressing G now correctly reduces, rather than increases, the secondary drive
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Controls>: [BUGS-691] Spread to touching components now works for propulsion equipment too
v2.4.1 [Fix] <DWG>: Marauder and Kalamar's captains told to not go too wild with their paddle wheels.
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Missiles>: Fixed the Q UI assignment of frag or explosive warheads to missiles
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Multiplayer>: [BUGS-706] Multiple patrol orders can now be queued up in multiplayer and they sync correctly
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Multiplayer>: [BUGS-708] Cannons and autocannons now make firing sounds on the clients as well as the host
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Multiplayer>: AI cards migrated to the new system by the host now correctly deliver the initial parameters to the clients
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Multiplayer>: Campaign elapsed time is now synced correctly between host and clients.
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Multiplayer>: Campaign events no longer fire when in the lobby.
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Multiplayer>: Got responder 'named inputs' syncing over the network- p.s. this functionality still not used in FTD.
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Multiplayer>: Ocean simulation type is now shared between host and clients
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Regressions>: Stopped each player in a multiplayer game migrating the legacy AI cards to different behaviours- only the host does it now.
v2.4.1 [Fix] <Steam>: [BUGS-688] Steam burn rate controller responds correctly now
Can you make the Projectile Avoidance additional routine also respond to APS and CRAM shell detection?
Cool!

It's a bit tiresome retroactively going through every secundary gun command/non-movement mainframe on existing builds to delete the automaticly added manuever that completely lambs up the vessels Smile

Other than that, no gripes!
Can you fix the bugs that are in the game? because every 30 mins the game just crashes and my progress is lost.
The changelog contains interesting vodun. Wink
Will be happy to see them - are they the type of "let's do all our units again" type update?

I will be back, but two things:
-I am extremely patient and slow coz' I don't believe in time
-I am also a kind of impulse-player, always coming back for half a year then doing other things for another half
(2019-04-13, 10:45 AM)Carolus Magnus Wrote: [ -> ]Cool!

It's a bit tiresome retroactively going through every secundary gun command/non-movement mainframe on existing builds to delete the automaticly added manuever that completely lambs up the vessels Smile

Other than that, no gripes!

That's a very good point, I will remove the functionality that automatically assigns that routine, for now.
(2019-04-13, 11:12 AM)yovel123456 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you fix the bugs that are in the game? because every 30 mins the game just crashes and my progress is lost.

I'd love to help you, can you post the "output_log.txt" located here:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Brilliant Skies\From the Depths

In a bug report on the forum here:
https://brilliantskies.customercase.com/...ug-tracker

Thanks!
I get quite a few crashes that don't really crash anything except the display of the game. It freezes in place and the rest of my 3 screens work just fine after spending a few seconds frozen... like my GPU subsystem (making terms up from my butt here) is going down, coming back up, but FTD just is a lost cause then... and there's no way to recover or save. It's killed multiple ships worth of progress and has happened for quite some time. As I am away from the primary machine I cannot post any form of logs or helpful data aside from "randomly freezes video and then wont recover from it" and no single action seems to cause it. Further, it is not really time related but it always takes about 20-30 minutes minimum to show up... I think it has more to do with blocks being added/removed/destroyed/interacted with causing something because if I just pause the game and leave it for a few hours it won't crash immediately, but will be at an increased likelihood of crashing out randomly within that 20-30 minute window. So far I've not managed continuous building of more than an hour before something happened... rage quit or crash. Tongue
I'm confused why when I have ACBs next to each other they combine the triggers. I don't want my ACB to activate from a trigger by neighboring ACBs. how do I fix this?
I also noticed ACB range is limited to 51 instead of unlimited. Is this intentional and why?
(2019-04-15, 03:57 AM)afjklol Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused why when I have ACBs next to each other they combine the triggers. I don't want my ACB to activate from a trigger by neighboring ACBs. how do I fix this?
I also noticed ACB range is limited to 51 instead of unlimited. Is this intentional and why?

That's a feature Gladyon added, but he didn't really document it.

To fix it, you assign a valid "input" to the ACB, then it won't be triggered by neighbours.

The 51 is just a UI error, post a bug report about it please so I don't forget to fix it.

If you post a bug report about the undocumented ACB features that'll also remind me to assign it to Gladyon for fixing.