From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Tips For building Light Tanks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to create small tanks to take on cheap threats, though the current tank physics are making it hard on me, i was wandering if anyone has some tips for me other than to weigh it down with lead? thanks!
(2018-11-04, 09:52 PM)Jumbocar Wrote: [ -> ]I want to create small tanks to take on cheap threats, though the current tank physics are making it hard on me, i was wandering if anyone has some tips for me other than to weigh it down with lead? thanks!

Well I don't ever build light... anything, really. I won't be able to help you much, but what's the problem? Is your tank bouncing around? If so, try messing with the settings of the tracks (wheels) by either increasing or lowering the damper force, max length, and spring force.
I have some advices:
1) Use light alloy for armour and lead for bottom.
2) Try and stabilize your tank with either PID and some thrusters or with internal dediblade pushing tank to the ground.
3) Use small fast firing guns instead of bigger ones. Too much recoil might flip your tank.
4) Mess with wheels settings. They are easy to figure out.
5) Try to use dediblades instead of wheels (make a hovertank).
6) Make your tank lower and flatter. High tanks are not very stable.