From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Can I change these paremeters for a custom campaign?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to create a semi-realistic custom campaign. I’m probably going to need some future help, but right now I’m just planning. I’m just wondering if theses paremeters (found in player perks) can be set for the entire campaign, e.i. applying to every faction:
  • Muzzle velocity multiplier,
  • Accuracy multiplier,
  • Thrust (of propellers) multiplier,
  • Power requirement (of propellers) multiplier?
Is it also possible to:
  • Restrict access to various parts,
  • Restrict access to projectile components e.i. Sabots, EMP, HEAT?
This would be to restrict players from building OP ships to keep the campaign fun and balanced.
Depending on the answer to these will further help me push planning forward.
With mods, sure. Without them, impossible. The only thing you can play around with in physics constrains is the power of all movement parts (And that means all of them, not just one of them) you can modify drag too for different speeds of everything.

And we all know how inconvenient mods can be, breaking almost every update and requiring a fix from your side.

Same goes to the restrictions. Impossible on its own, hell its so easy to go around this limit with the current tool for restrictions, by just either making the vehicle on any other planet or by just assigning the banned block on a hotkey, so you can build it by just selecting a number and the component will work 100%.