From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Starter Ship Scrimmage 3 - Aerial Arousal [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2018-10-06, 03:21 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-06, 12:38 PM)Tomson Wrote: [ -> ]...

I always look forward to your re-caps  Wink

XD I almost feel like I did something useful.
T3hJimmer posted the first battle video a few hours ago:

Thanks for posting Cythphn!

Raw Eggs is scary! Or maybe Doctor didn't try dodging hard enough.

Disposable Hero is fast and has a strong laser. Very scary! Hard to hit AND it hits hard.

The G2s and Dust Devils had a fun fight! Very cool! But looks like the outnumbered G2s were simply more tanky against the Devils weapons. Bigger designs might be simply better this time.

Unfortunately for Flat Stone missiles are kinda bad right now. Lacto seemed to have a good enough laser to take out Flat but in round 2 it kinda struggled.

I thought lasers would be underpowered because of the less accurate detection, but they seem to be dominant so far. Kinda makes me worried a laser finds my plane's juicy Flak/frag filled turret. O_o If it does at least F2000 goes out with a bang.
Can't wait to see the Warengine in action! XD
gg cythphn, those APS really shredded my design.
(2018-10-07, 03:29 PM)drewthedraw Wrote: [ -> ]gg cythphn, those APS  really shredded my design.

The fight was a pleasure to watch, gg to you as well. Your planes' missiles looked scary at first, but I guess the recent updates have made missiles more likely to miss or even bounce off. They dealt good damage when they hit, though.

If you - or anyone else - would like to try out the G2 in-game, the blueprint is attached below.
Thanks for the bp! G2 vs DD was the most fun fight so far. Two very good designs. Or at least very close to each other in quality.
G2s are surprisingly tanky
(2018-10-07, 12:12 PM)Tomson Wrote: [ -> ]I thought lasers would be underpowered because of the less accurate detection, but they seem to be dominant so far.

The thing is everything but missiles are affected by the detection accuracy. Anything that needs to predict movement is actually in a significantly worse position because with the speed these vehicles move and how quickly they turn, you need to have a very low averaging time to aim at the right spot. The imperfect detection with a low averaging time can make lasers miss by 2-3m but add 15m+ inaccuracy to the predicted position for firing guns. Add that to the evasion of fast targets at long range and lasers or PACs are the only viable weapons IMO. I'm still not even sure PACs can do enough damage with the accuracy to land hits at max range.

Yet another close encounter with Jimmer. I need to stop making these squishy targets for ya Smile

Here's the BP, a less budget version will be on the Helious Custom campaign on next release.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10