From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Kamikaze SAM missile scrip request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

I am trying to make Kamikaze long range surface to air missiles (micro jets with a nuke at their tip) against nimble micro jets, but I couldn't find good AI script for them. I have seen some cruise missile scripts, but they are more suitable for air to surface missiles, not the converse, as they will try to maintain certain altitude during approach and try to stay above the target at the terminal phase.

I would like to request a simple surface to air script that makes the missiles behave like vanilla missiles with APN guidance, if that's not too much trouble. Thanks in advance!
(2018-09-11, 12:23 AM)robertqin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone.

I am trying to make Kamikaze long range surface to air missiles against nimble micro jets, but I couldn't find good AI script for them. I have seen some cruise missile scripts, but they are more suitable for air to surface missiles, not the converse, as they will try to maintain certain altitude during approach and try to stay above the target at the terminal phase.

I would like to request a simple surface to air script that makes the missiles behave like vanilla missiles with APN guidance, if that's not too much trouble. Thanks in advance!

I would look again at the missile scripts available.  Many of them have a 'direct attack' guidance profile which is what you are looking for.  due to it's popularity many tend to have top attack guidance profiles selected as default. IIRC both zerothangle's unified script, and 6dwavenminer's 'smart missile guidance' script both support AA direct attack profiles with second order prediction and in the later case target speed driven thrust control. against speedy, maneuverable micro jets they will both require significant tuning and good detection to get acceptable hit-rates
(2018-09-11, 01:14 PM)Lincrono Wrote: [ -> ]

I am trying to make Kamikaze long range surface to air missiles against nimble micro jets, but I couldn't find good AI script for them. I have seen some cruise missile scripts, but they are more suitable for air to surface missiles, not the converse, as they will try to maintain certain altitude during approach and try to stay above the target at the terminal phase.

I would look again at the missile scripts available.  Many of them have a 'direct attack' guidance profile which is what you are looking for.  due to it's popularity many tend to have top attack guidance profiles selected as default. IIRC both zerothangle's unified script, and 6dwavenminer's 'smart missile guidance' script both support AA direct attack profiles with second order prediction and in the later case target speed driven thrust control.  against speedy, maneuverable micro jets they will both require significant tuning and good detection to get acceptable hit-rates

I believe those are for actual missiles from missile pads, instead of Kamikaze micro jets with a nuke at their tip.
(2018-09-12, 02:35 AM)robertqin Wrote: [ -> ]

I would look again at the missile scripts available.  Many of them have a 'direct attack' guidance profile which is what you are looking for.  due to it's popularity many tend to have top attack guidance profiles selected as default. IIRC both zerothangle's unified script, and 6dwavenminer's 'smart missile guidance' script both support AA direct attack profiles with second order prediction and in the later case target speed driven thrust control.  against speedy, maneuverable micro jets they will both require significant tuning and good detection to get acceptable hit-rates

I believe those are for actual missiles from missile pads, instead of Kamikaze micro jets with a nuke at their tip.

you need to specify "this is for a vehicle not a missile then" nothing in your post indicates you aren't talking about a regular missile.  That said, Madwand's advanced aerial AI can be configured to ram and has the predictive guidance and altitude matching you are looking for as standard features.
(2018-09-13, 05:44 AM)Lincrono Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-12, 02:35 AM)robertqin Wrote: [ -> ]

I would like to request a simple surface to air script that makes the missiles behave like vanilla missiles with APN guidance, if that's not too much
trouble. Thanks in advance!

you need to specify "this is for a vehicle not a missile then" nothing in your post indicates you aren't talking about a regular missile.  That said, Madwand's advanced aerial AI can be configured to ram and has the predictive guidance and altitude matching you are looking for as standard features.

Thanks! I have made changes to the OP to specify. I will check that script out!